Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Type S Wing

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    haha jeez i think ill give the genuine part a miss.. i was aware of the holes the lip would expose yes. that pic of the type r wing over the lip looks pretty tasteful. thanks heaps for the info

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5 Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by dc4t View Post
    fitted and painted? how they gona fit it if its an online store?.. unless they come to u or something :S.. well i'm guessing they're supplying replica's of the original type r wing n for a replica thats a pretty crazy price.. i think check out ebay, u can get abs plastic ones (which is better than fibreglass) or carbon ones for half that price delivered! then say u get an unpainted one sent over just take it to a good local body shop, take ur paint code to them and let them do the rest. well thats wat im planning to do anyway. hope i helped mangg
    The Spoiler Shop is in Perth.... and since Riviera_TypeS is in Perth. Fitted and painted for $550 sounds good to me, is $550 excessive? with the cost of painting and fitting

Showroom and Workshop
    Unit 4 / 68-70 Norma Road
    Myaree
    W.A. 6154

Contacts:

Phone: (061 08) 9317 1988
    Fax: (061 08) 9317 1737
    Last edited by mystic; 25-12-2007 at 03:36 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by bungie77 View Post
    haha jeez i think ill give the genuine part a miss.. i was aware of the holes the lip would expose yes. that pic of the type r wing over the lip looks pretty tasteful. thanks heaps for the info
    What do you intend to do with those holes? Masked and paint them?

I just checked the boot lid and found 4 spots, actually marked, for type-r wing on both sides, 2 on each side. The problem is that one hole on each side is sitting right underneath the lip!! I dunno what's the other solution to drill the holes up without removing/altering the lip.
    Proud Owner of 2003 BB Honda S2000
    The Best Thing After 9/11

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    yeah i figured it was possible for the holes to be filled and the boot resprayed. well my car is due for a service so perhaps I will enquire about it when I take it in in the new year!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    yeah i figured it was possible for the holes to be filled and the boot resprayed. well my car is due for a service so perhaps I will enquire about it when I take it in in the new year!
    Keep us posted on it!

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    to fill up the holes you'll need to get it welded.
    I'd personally just leave it and fit the TypeR wing on it.

but will the type R wing fit without doin anything to the lip???

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Hullabaloo View Post
    nope, you'll need to cut the ends of the lip to fit the type r wing.
    Yeah unfortunately that's the only way the wing would fit side by side with stock lip.

http://www.acuraoemparts.com/

I just found out that in US, RSX users (equivalent to Integra here in AUS) have the option to buy separate "A-Spec" kit. The kit itself has Type-R wing and this is where it gets interesting, it also comes with a deck-lip. This deck-lip has smaller dimension compared to the stock lip. It's shorter and still using the same holes and bolts as the stock lip, so those bloody holes would be covered! Because, it's designed this way. Shorter dimension means that the lip won't obstruct those wing's holes and wing can be installed with ease. The result is as per images in the previous posts, having double spoiler thing. Keep in mind that the wings and deck-lip will be painted so there's no hassle of worrying on painting before installing. I emailed them on Monday and still yet receive any reply back from them on shipping fee, ordering time, etc (I don't know if shipping even possible but worth to ask) due to Christmast and New Year break.

I'll see how it goes next week once they're back from their break. But it seems that we have another alternative here and ain't it's looking good!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    for some reason I can't open that site - I can find it in Google I just can't open it!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Hmm I couldn't open it either... I think their server is down for maintenance maybe?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra '06 Type S
    Man i have been tring to find that damn A Spec lip for ages
    Im after the Integra (DC5) Type S "Workshop" Service Manuel. help a brother out

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    Quote Originally Posted by dc4t View Post
    easy man.. get it done professionally though! since u'll have to drill 2 holes on each side where the wing is mounted.. here's a pic though. looks hawt!
    Wow mate, this is a hot 1!!
    Thanks for share.