Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    There might be a small leak from headgasket pushing gases thru the cooling system. This can be cause thru detenation. As i said i was in a similar situation and learnt the hard way by changing thru 2 head gasket only finding it wasn't the issue it was detenation and cause the head gasket to leak.

The added pressure is there which cause the overfill bottle to fill up, and not return to the system.

Here is a simple test. When cold start up the car, lets say 2-3min. turn off and remove the radiator cap. When you relase pressure cap if abit of coolant comes out thats seems normal, but if a shitload of coolant bursts out then you have a headgasket problem.
    Last edited by fatboyz39; 24-12-2007 at 07:30 PM.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukezen27 View Post
    OEM thermostat

I died only 4 months ago so its brand new

It's not pushing it out anywhere near as fast with the new radiator so maybe I just need a new low temp one?

OEM thermostat should be more then fine. No point getting low temp thermostat without a lower thermo fan switch.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboyz39 View Post
    There might be a small leak from headgasket pushing gases thru the cooling system. This can be cause thru detenation. As i said i was in a similar situation and learnt the hard way by changing thru 2 head ghsket only finding the its wasn't the issue it was detenation and cause the head gasket to leak.

The added pressure is there which cause the overfill bottle to fill up, and not return to the system.

Here is a simple test. When cold start up the car, lets say 2-3min. turn off and remove the radiator cap. When you relase pressure cap if abit of coolant comes out thats seems normal, but if a shitload of coolant bursts out then you have a headgasket problem.
    What's the course of detonation? My e-mang is tuned for 89 Oct so that should be very safe running on 98 Oct..

Ok Jimmy I'll do your test tomorrow

Thanks for the tip
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukezen27 View Post
    What's the course of detonation? My e-mang is tuned for 89 Oct so that should be very safe running on 98 Oct..

Ok Jimmy I'll do your test tomorrow

Thanks for the tip
    worn piston rings.

Do a leak down test...that'll show whats going on. It takes a good 1-2hours to do.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    worn piston rings.

Do a leak down test...that'll show whats going on. It takes a good 1-2hours to do.
    brand new rings Jimmy are you setup for that test?

turbo cars over heat quicker then a NA i had over heating problem with my turbo motor running a lower temp thermostat and fan switch helped.. for street driving but had heating prob on the track..
    JDMYard Eg civic lsvtec 1.04:1 WAKEFIELD PARK
    Bel Garage Dc2r/Neptune ecu
    SUPERLAP 2010 clubsprint FF na winner
    1.54.81 street tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmTYPE R View Post
    turbo cars over heat quicker then a NA i had over heating problem with my turbo motor running a lower temp thermostat and fan switch helped.. for street driving but had heating prob on the track..
    Is it fixed now?

what was the problem?

thermostat open to late and radiator couldnt cool it in time.by takign out the thermostat is just saving u money doing the leak downtest and if this doesnt help then go do a leak downtest..
    1.54.81 street tyre

u got pm
    1.54.81 street tyre

what about a cooling system pressure test? You probably have had that done already yeah?Holds pressure?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    There might be a small leak from headgasket pushing gases thru the cooling system. This can be cause thru detenation. As i said i was in a similar situation and learnt the hard way by changing thru 2 head gasket only finding it wasn't the issue it was detenation and cause the head gasket to leak.

Jimmy's Test Complete:

Bit of pressure when I opened the cap but no coolant came out, I've opened it before when really hot and only a bit came out that time... good or bad?

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    sounds normal.
    Wat coolant are you using? Its not the cheap stuff isit? cos i rem that one my sister's car the cheaper coolant was the problem.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION