Car:
    02 ITR DC5R

Rims siize and tyre for DC5R track

what is the best setup for a dc5r in terms of rimes and semi slicks
    Vtec Dr

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R AB02
    There are no such a best setup or not.....its all depends on what you want and what your driving styles is......I run full jdm brake setup with 17x7.5 rims with +43 offset...tyre is 225/45 17.....race driver in jap run wider front rims and tyres to increase traction tho....
    Mugen Whore #2

Member Array
    Car:
    Js Racing Time Attack DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by air23box View Post
    There are no such a best setup or not.....its all depends on what you want and what your driving styles is......I run full jdm brake setup with 17x7.5 rims with +43 offset...tyre is 225/45 17.....race driver in jap run wider front rims and tyres to increase traction tho....
    JDM rims are +60 offset.

I ran Volk TE37s with 215/45 17s @ +42 offset with 18mm spacers.

New rims are Volk CE28s 235/45 17s front and 225/45 17s rear at +33 offset with 18mm spacers. Should look massive.

Bang for your buck I'd run AUDM wheels with a good set of 205/55 16s in Toyo 888s or Bridgestone RE55s.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by m0nty ITR View Post
    JDM rims are +60 offset.

New rims are Volk CE28s 235/45 17s front and 225/45 17s rear at +33 offset with 18mm spacers. Should look massive.

Bang for your buck I'd run AUDM wheels with a good set of 205/55 16s in Toyo 888s or Bridgestone RE55s.

He said nothing about running JDM rims.

And i want to say you are very brave to run spacers on the track monty. Which type tho? I hope not the stud extension ones.

I run 225/45/17 and I know its more than enough to get a good time. On track in my opinion its more about tyre compound.

Running stock rims with semi is a very good bang for ur buck idea but thats if you want to have another set of rims lying around at home. As running around daily on semi's is a very costly exercise.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ah my mistake. I just saw the Brembo setup and assumed he was running JDM whels especially since his car is pictured with them.

I'm running Isotta spacers with longer studs. Not the dodgy stud extention types. I actually had to replace both front wheel bearings to fit them. Very tricky exersize indeed.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R AB02
    JDM rims are +60 offset.

I run works emotion CR CAIs for track.....and jdm for street.....love the +43 offset and they just sit next to the guard.....looks awesome.....
    Mugen Whore #2

Member Array
    Car:
    Werd to that! I'm currently running +43 with 18mm spacers and will run +33 with the same spacers when car is on track. I can get a nice wide footprint and neg camber without any concerns for tyre wear and police attention. The only negative is that I no longer get to drive my baby every day.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Werd to that! I'm currently running +43 with 18mm spacers and will run +33 with the same spacers when car is on track. I can get a nice wide footprint and neg camber without any concerns for tyre wear and police attention. The only negative is that I no longer get to drive my baby every day.
    +33 already lines up the rim basically to the guard (+30 to be precise). With a few degrees of camber u can even fit a +28 rim but with a 18mm spacer and +33 offset the rims are gona stick out??

Im assuming you are running the audm sussy as if you are running the jdm spec the above issue would be even more pronounced.

The spacer would be a better option than the stud extension type but I personally wouldn't run any spacers at all on track. It places unneeded stress on parts that are already stressed out during cornering. If you want to get the width right then get the right offset rims to begin with.
    Last edited by TeMp; 28-12-2007 at 12:27 AM.