Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Turbo plugs

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by 1996ek1 View Post
    Err i kind of thought the same as Luke, where the gap has something to do with the heatrange..
    It would have to in some way lol
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    WRONG.... heat range is ONLY how hot the tip of the plug is and that is determined by the amount of metal the heat has to travell through to get to the head and transfer the heat to the head and disapate PEROID END OF STORY. GAP HAS NO BEARING ON HEAT RANGE

READ AND LEARN SOMETHING BEFORE COMMENTING
    http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/techinf...31000&country=
    Was joking dude!!

I understand

But as for this whole ""READ AND LEARN SOMETHING BEFORE COMMENTING"" thing

Forum = Talk = Learn
    Last edited by Lukezen27; 30-12-2007 at 06:16 PM.
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    It's not the electrode that gets hot.. it's the ceramic at the base of the electrode... the size of this ceramic is based on said metal thickness Clayemore mentioned a few posts up.

the reason high CR or boost cars have colder temp plugs is coz this ceramic part glows red hot when too hot.. this will obviously cause pre-ignition combustion before the full piston stroke up is completed

And TODA/Adrian speaks truth... the denser the compressed mixture in the CC the harder it is to get spark to cross hence making the gap smaller or upgrading at least the coil. however i was lead to believe oem B series is 0.9mm gap for NA and was told to re-gap the factory produced NGK 1.1mm BKR series... i just left it and it's fine as you said.

this is why everyone says the coil upgrade is useless on a relatively stock car, it is unless you take advantage of it... and the only way to do so on a stockish car is to widen the gap on the plugs...

FYI to anyone interested.. the OEM coil was able to spark a 1.3mm iridium gap under various engine loads without detonating and response was still crisp.
    Last edited by dsp26; 31-12-2007 at 03:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    ive run BKR7E-11's gapped at 0.030". They are a GTR plug, u can get em at most places. Not special order like others mentioned here.

does the job.... upto around 22psi... u may want to jump a heat range higher for more boost.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.