Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CL9

K-Mac springs - any good?

Anyone know if these springs are any good compared to "Kings", "Lovells" etc

They use electric heating - heating from the core outwards for
    uniform temperature then Oil hardening and again. So basically you let them know what height you want and they'll make it for u and apparently K-Mac are the only manufactures that do this?

http://www.k-mac.com.au/ then click on "springs" section.

Just wanted to know if anyone has had any experience using these springs or have heard anything about them.

Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    bmw
    hey mate,

pm "simbadda54" he rolls on kmac's i think... or has had some experience with them..

i used to ride on them for about 3 months and still have a set if u are interested.. they are very stiff but i didnt really put mine to the full potential.. i never tracked my car just wanted that lowered look for going around town.. i lowered min 3" at the front and 3.3 or 3.2" at the back.. sat REALLLY low.. i reckon if i had my lip's on at the time.. less then 5 cm's off the ground.. not much body roll at all and i miss that about them springs... mind u i had stock shocks at the time so my rears weren't capped so therefore the rear was very jumpy and bouncey.. hence why i ended up getting coilovers cos of the camber wear which occured on my rear tyres....

but yeah..

to be honest... the kmac factory seems to run out of steel often.. so if u try to buy direct from them.. then they will prob give you some bullshit excuse that it might take longer then a week to make them "cos they ran out of steel" lol.. took me 4 weeks to get mine.. and i had already payed in full... so its either they are a popular spring dealer.. or they are struggling to buy enough steel to produce their springs..

hope this helps.. but pm the guy above.. he will be able to help u more if he has time..

*EDIT*
    and yes.. u tell them what height u wish to lower or raise your car.. and the model of your car and they will custom make the springs for you.. mind u they don't have to be the same size all round.. like with mine it was lower at the back.
    Last edited by ekdez; 29-12-2007 at 08:43 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    yo man are u bevos friend with the green hatch? nice car man always see it around haha

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    As much as I would Love to have my car lowered that much,it's just not pratical....I couldn't drive on some of my favourite cruzin' roads cause of speed humps.

Member Array
    Car:
    Audi TT 2.0T
    i agree with the first response.. very stiff
    FFR33K - SOLD
    LSV73C - SOLD
    CW DC5R - SOLD

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by ekdez View Post
    hey mate,

pm "simbadda54" he rolls on kmac's i think... or has had some experience with them..

i used to ride on them for about 3 months and still have a set if u are interested.. they are very stiff but i didnt really put mine to the full potential.. i never tracked my car just wanted that lowered look for going around town.. i lowered min 3" at the front and 3.3 or 3.2" at the back.. sat REALLLY low.. i reckon if i had my lip's on at the time.. less then 5 cm's off the ground.. not much body roll at all and i miss that about them springs... mind u i had stock shocks at the time so my rears weren't capped so therefore the rear was very jumpy and bouncey.. hence why i ended up getting coilovers cos of the camber wear which occured on my rear tyres....

but yeah..

to be honest... the kmac factory seems to run out of steel often.. so if u try to buy direct from them.. then they will prob give you some bullshit excuse that it might take longer then a week to make them "cos they ran out of steel" lol.. took me 4 weeks to get mine.. and i had already payed in full... so its either they are a popular spring dealer.. or they are struggling to buy enough steel to produce their springs..

hope this helps.. but pm the guy above.. he will be able to help u more if he has time..

*EDIT*
    and yes.. u tell them what height u wish to lower or raise your car.. and the model of your car and they will custom make the springs for you.. mind u they don't have to be the same size all round.. like with mine it was lower at the back.
    thx for the reply mate

Quote Originally Posted by FR33K View Post
    i agree with the first response.. very stiff
    K-Mac do custom springs and will make them as stiff or as soft as you want, to any height you want, in proggressive or linear rates. If you've driven on K-Mac springs that were stiff then it was just the spec of those particular springs.

K-Mac has been around for a very long time, they must be doing something right. Their springs are hot wound (red hot) and then hardened and tempered, which to my mind sounds a better bet than cold winding (as some brands do) as the coil will have less possibility of micro cracks as a result of the cold as opposed to hot winding process (higher carbon steels are generally more prone to damage from cold working than softer steels). I could be wrong, advances in metallurgy might have come up with steels that cope with this OK, but it seems a brutal method to me (cold winding).

Member Array
    Car:
    Stealth
    i dont know anything about kmacs.. but u can lower ur car as low as u want on these springs.. im on pedders atm.. lowered 2 1/4" all around.. fronts ok.. backs a lil high.. thats the max i was told that i could do.. so if u want a nice drop go kmacs. LOL.

Member Array
    Car:
    bmw
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeling7 View Post
    yo man are u bevos friend with the green hatch? nice car man always see it around haha

ahah yeah thats me yeah it likes to get out just wait till next year.. loads of stuff going on it soon, very soon :P

i love yours too but still nothing beats the ek

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Honda Accord VTI-S
    Kmacs are very good , for the budget and the in-house customisation to your preferred height.
    However, What shocks are you running?
    Also, from what i hear, kings are the most entry level springs uucan get , they are popular because they are cheap, and all the body sussy installs get them because they realise 2months down the track that they have spinal injury due to their chopped stock springs.

K-macs over kings FTW

Sean
    Gas up the Vtec for you tonight and baby you can go wherever you like.....

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Honda Accord VTI-S
    quote-
    mind u i had stock shocks at the time so my rears weren't capped so therefore the rear was very jumpy and bouncey.. hence why i ended up getting coilovers cos of the camber wear which occured on my rear tyres....

hey mate,
    Just curious what coilovers are you running, and do you have a camber kit, and how low is ur car.
    Coilovers would wear your tyres done just as much as springs/shocks would, without a camber kit.

Sean
    Gas up the Vtec for you tonight and baby you can go wherever you like.....

Member Array
    Car:
    bmw
    its not low any more.. i can fit at last 2 fingers between my tyre and wheel arch at the front :\ and maybe 1 finger at the back...

so no camber wear

but it will become lower eventually