... or a Demo, at least.

Hi guys - stumbled in here and looks like a good place.

We had narrowed the choices down to the Euro, Subaru Liberty and the new Ford Mondeo. The wife WANTS the Euro because she has had a '92 & a '93 previously. I had her look at the Liberty and Mondeo, amongst others but these were in the end the only two other options.

We looked at but didn't drive the Liberty & Mondeo one day and then another checked out the Euro, including a drive and accepting an offer to take the car home overnight.

That very same afternoon I checked out the Mondeo and realised just how tacky the interior and console was (high wear and scratches to the standard Ford, soft silver painted plastic console) so I just walked away without a drive. Why pay the same price as a Euro for what seemed to be of lesser value..?

I then tested the Liberty, but HATED the flashy red-lighted console and the ride seemed harsher than the Euro.

So the Euro it is.

Does anyone have any tips (or links to tips) in dealing for a new Euro..?
We're in Perth and have spoken with a very helpful sales guy at Honda North. I'm happy to deal with other Honda Dealers if that helps..?

I have a mate's son who owns a local vehichle wholesale place and he's been calling on all his contacts to find us a good deal, but even though he is mates with some of the Honda dealers and Honda management it looks as though he's not going to be able to do any better than us....?? The rumours i have heard about Honda is that they are never really happy to deal... can;t be true can it..?

I have found a couple of demos at the dealers, but they are exactly the same price (if not more) than New..WTF...?? Surely they wouldn't expect you to pay the cost of the dealer delivery on a DEMO model and that you could knock a couple of grand of the price there alone....?

Honda have an offer on the Euro at the moment of 5 year warranty and the Tourer model for $1k more with the Sat Nav, lights and parking sensors... until 31st Dec. Who says I wait til the new year....?

Any pro/cons of the dealers in Perth...?

Cheers,
Gavern