Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux 03

Question Sunroof wont operate

The sunroof motor on my 2003 Lux will not operate so I cant open or close the sunroof. I've done the normal fuse checks, all OK and can hear the open/close/tilt relays click when I hit the respective switch, but that's it... I cant hear the motor run. So i'm guessing that either the relay contacts are dodgy ( unlikely I think ) or the motor itself is faulty ( which is real bad luck cause how often would you expect a faulty motor!). To prove either relays or motor, I would have to remove the headliner (as these components are in the roof), which appears to be quite a daunting task! so I am a bit hesitant to do so just in case I interfere with the side air bags. Does anyone have any ideas on how to faultfind the problem without removing the headliner...or is not really so hard to do?

if its clicking its getting power obviously... it must be the motor.

Possibly the wiring to the motor is shot... im with u mate... i dont hear many motors dieing on me..

good luck either way mate..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux 03
    Yes...I agree....if the relays are clicking it means it means that 12v is getting to the relay coils which require low current to operate. The relay contacts of the open/close relays use heavier current to drive the motor which it gets off wiring from the + terminal of the battery. I'm thinking/hoping that it is a wiring issue as the previous owner has done some mods to add a mobile phone and has tapped into the wires at the internal fuse box, however I've traced the sunroof wiring from the battery to the fuse box which is OK but then can't follow the wiring harness any further to the roof. If I could find the motor wire as it goes into the roof, I could could check to see if it is switch 12 volts and prove if it is wiring or a motor problem. Does anyone know what colour the motor wire is , or where I could do the test on the harness?.....also I notice that the sunroof or the VSA switches do not light up...is this normal? or gives a pointer to the problem? any help will be much appreciated!

the VSA light doesnt turn on... well mine doesnt either...

my sunroof one does though... ive heard people asking the same question anyways. u can make it light up but from stock it doesnt...

best thing i reckon u should do is to speak to a Honda Dealership..

or even just take the car to a sunroof installer... ask them to check it..

up 2 u mate... to be honest... if ya like me, id start taking the roof off lol see how things look from under there...

good luck mate