Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury

Bulb types used in the CL9 Euro

The manual for the CL9 lists how to remove all the bulbs, and what wattage they are, however it doesn’t list the *types* of bulbs you need to replace so that you can order them online, or at Supercheap, without pulling them all out first.

So, I thought I'd compile a chart.

Some notes-

Use a clean non-moisturised tissue or kitchen towel to handle bulbs, not your fingers as the oil and salt from your hands can damage the glass.

Do not fit different types of lamps. Over wattage lamps can melt the fittings and cost you dearly.

Do not fit after-market HIDs and LEDs. The fittings were designed (and ADR approved) with the specified bulbs fitted. If you do not fit the approved types then you may cause damage to the car, risk the lives of yourself and other road users and could have trouble making an insurance claim.

Information on after-market HIDs (Watch the video!)-
    http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...nversions.html

Much of the same issues exist with fitting LEDs, Altezza's, etc.

Please reply to this thread if you have any further detail to add!
    Last edited by one4spl; 02-01-2008 at 10:49 AM.

If we don't fit after market HIDs/LEDs, what's the point of this list? Wouldn't you just ask your dealership then?

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by power_of_dreams View Post
    If we don't fit after market HIDs/LEDs, what's the point of this list? Wouldn't you just ask your dealership then?
    AFAIK bulbs aren't covered under warranty, and the technique to change them is documented in the owner’s manual I assume that Honda expects me to change them myself. This additional information makes buying new OEM equivalent bulbs easier.

Read the article I linked to and form your own opinion, but I'd personally be very cautious of changing any external indication/illumination bulbs to something other than OEM equivalent.

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury
    Anyways, I went to Supercheap, KMart and Autobarn this afternoon looking for new brake bulbs (2x 7443, 1x 7440).

All three had cheap "home-brand" or narva bulbs on the shelf, but Autobarn had Philips brand ones out the back, and only $2 more than the Chinese ones.

Seemingly everyone has their own idea about how to name bulb types, but these perticular ones are known as T20, 20mm or W21/5W for the 7443s, or W21W for the 7440s.

I'll update the chart later.

Any idea how to do tables in this forum so it can be text rather than JPG?

Quote Originally Posted by one4spl View Post
    AFAIK bulbs aren't covered under warranty, and the technique to change them is documented in the owner’s manual I assume that Honda expects me to change them myself. This additional information makes buying new OEM equivalent bulbs easier.

Read the article I linked to and form your own opinion, but I'd personally be very cautious of changing any external indication/illumination bulbs to something other than OEM equivalent.
    Who is the OEM for Honda's bulbs? If its the same wattage etc, but a different brand, there shouldn't be any problems.

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by power_of_dreams View Post
    Who is the OEM for Honda's bulbs? If its the same wattage etc, but a different brand, there shouldn't be any problems.
    Stanley is the OEM for Hondas lighting, generally, and that’s what’s stamped on the bulbs I removed.

Note that I said OEM equivalent, not OEM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    I'm so confused. I have a 2004 Accord Euro Lux (CL9), one of my low beam headlights has died and I want to get it replaced. Do I have to replace it with a d2s bulb? Under the bonnet on the side of the light case it list H1 and d2s there.

Do I have the choice and if so, is there a big difference between the two lights?

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Prelude VTi-R ATTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibknee View Post
    I'm so confused. I have a 2004 Accord Euro Lux (CL9), one of my low beam headlights has died and I want to get it replaced. Do I have to replace it with a d2s bulb? Under the bonnet on the side of the light case it list H1 and d2s there.

Do I have the choice and if so, is there a big difference between the two lights?
    As per the chart, the low beams are D2S. H1 is for the high beam.