Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718

Thread: S2000 Exhausts

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9
    i wanted to go single but every talked me out of it because they said that its stoll going to be a street car and to keep it looking somewhat oriiginal.. not have the AP2 bumper with one massive hole in it... i didnt care but everyone made me do it... i fell for their BS... worst mistake ever!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    buddyclub spec 4 single

sounds loud with Berks high flow cat and T1R header.
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I had two singles. First was a Kakimoto N1. It was ear splittingly obnoxiously loud. I put a silencer in it and lost all the high flow benefits. Went back to a dual.

Then when I went turbo I was getting to the end of my budget so had a 75mm single with a cannon muffler made. And I brought a single exhaust cap back from New York to make it look better.

Eventually wised up and bought an Invidia V3 which had been modified with a big Lukey mid muffler. The thing flows, looks good and is nice and subtle when pootling around but has nice sound when I get on it.

My neighbour asked me the other day if I had sold the car as they hadn't 'heard' it in a while.

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    Quote Originally Posted by AusS2000 View Post
    I had two singles. First was a Kakimoto N1. It was ear splittingly obnoxiously loud. I put a silencer in it and lost all the high flow benefits. Went back to a dual.

Then when I went turbo I was getting to the end of my budget so had a 75mm single with a cannon muffler made. And I brought a single exhaust cap back from New York to make it look better.

Eventually wised up and bought an Invidia V3 which had been modified with a big Lukey mid muffler. The thing flows, looks good and is nice and subtle when pootling around but has nice sound when I get on it.

My neighbour asked me the other day if I had sold the car as they hadn't 'heard' it in a while.
    nice.

been thinking of getting js racing 70RS twin.

missing that twin exhaust look

vs

Last edited by connorling; 08-03-2013 at 10:21 AM.
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    i've got js 70rs titanium single - its pretty annoyingly loud with that bad drone between 3-4k RPM, however for driving daily around local areas you can probably stay under 3k RPM and it's not too bad at all, but highway driving with this exhaust is a serious pain and i dont doubt that my ear drums are slowly getting damaged everytime im cruising around 80+ km/h

that being said, the exhaust sounds awesome when opened up and it is very light as well if weight is something you're considering

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by black8thgen View Post
    i dont doubt that my ear drums are slowly getting damaged everytime im cruising around 80+ km/h
    THEN I GUESS IT WON'T BE A PROBLEM FOR LONG.

(shouting so you can hear me)
    Last edited by AusS2000; 12-03-2013 at 03:00 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    Lol, good thing I don't do much highway driving

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Damn, I typed all CAPS. Guess OzHonda has a muffling filter.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by philipminge View Post
    fatboyz i have never seen a stock exhaust flow that well with a tune... i must have a shitty tuner.... i'd love to see dyno sheets if you have any?

i feel that the stock exhaust was VERY restrictive.... and the stock cat!... that must go IMO.... run a berk 70mm or if track use just a TP.... thats where you gain some good power... and then if u tune also, you will be surprised...
    This was a AP2, are AP1 and AP2 share the same diameter exhaust/mufflers besides the tips?

Stock cat (AP2) was good up too 260kw, so as i said the OEM items flows nicely. Changing the exhaust to 70mm (bigger then OEM) it will gain power on WOT, you will tend to lose some part throttle.

I've got a Fujitsubo legias r and love it. Slightly louder than stock and sounds a little deeper than stock it's a dual and looks pretty good, the only thing I don't like are the tips of the muffler could be a little shorter, I've been tempted to chop them back a little but trying to get a nice neat cut on them could be hard