Page 1 of 27 123411 ... LastLast

MY FD ONLY TAKES ME 450km FULL TANK AND ITS BRAND NEW

Hello, I'm new to this forum and Ive recently purchased a new honda civic vti, however when I fuel up my baby it only gives me 450km and thats using bp ultimate or v-power racing. I do not step on my car as its only done around 1000km on the clock. wondering if anyone else gets the same? or is their something wrong with my engine?

Couple of things:

1) How many litres do you actually put in? Without that number your figure of 450 doesn't mean anything. Work out your ltr/100km ratio. My last one was 8.4ltr/100km. One member here gets around 6ltr/100 - but he does alot of rural back roads.

2) New engines have slightly worse economy than run in engines. Give it time.

But from my eperience that sounds about right in normal city/suburbia driving.

Oh and Hi!
    Last edited by markCivicVti; 02-01-2008 at 11:44 PM.

Well.. I put in a full tank which is about 50litres i think.. wateva a full tank is.. I an currently getting around 11.1ltr/100km which i think is rediculous.
    do u think I would be better off using normal unleaded fuel? maybe it would eat less? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by warwick108 View Post
    Well.. I put in a full tank which is about 50litres i think.. wateva a full tank is.. I an currently getting around 11.1ltr/100km which i think is rediculous.
    do u think I would be better off using normal unleaded fuel? maybe it would eat less? thanks
    Yes 50 ltrs. But your fuel bar will show the orange warning light around 40 ltrs. There's always heaps left before the light goes off. So its very very unlikely that you fill anything past 40 litres. Check the servo docket - you'll be surprised how early the fuel light goes on. Next time find out exactly how far you traveled and make a note of the litres of fuel when you refill (assuming you reset the trip computer and filled the tank to the brim).

No normal unleaded will use the same amount of fuel. So technically you're wasting money on premium stuff - but I do it too as my engine is still new'ish. Around 1.4k or so.

Member Array
    Car:
    fd1
    using ultimate 98 i get anywhere between 400-510 depending on how i drive (fd1 manual)
    2012 BMW S1000rr - 184whp, 9.733s @ 148.27mph - Quick enough!
    2006 Honda Civic - 101whp, 61s BBGL Short - When I need a bbt.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    If you want to calculate fuel consumption, fill your tank to the top, drive around and then note the number of kms you did. Fill back up to the top using the same petrol station and if possible, the same pump. Divide the number of litres filled by the number of kms driven and multiply by 100 to get L/100km.

BTW, stick to 91, 95 or 98 RON. No point using V-power racing. You probably lose a bit of range because of the ethanol.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

i used V-Power on my AT Sports, and the fuel consumption is worse than the normal unleaded (12.5L/100Kms if i remember correctly). And my avg fuel consumption is 10.5-11L/100Kms.

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Civic Vti
    IMO your doing alright, LOL... I have an Auto VTi 2007

I drive City only 90% of the time..

Out of 40L tank (always 10l left in bottom) I get from 380L -> 420L using regular unleaded.. I don't thrash the car at all.. I am up to 6,000km and it hasn't improved yet.. Actually this is by far my biggest disappointment with this car, my 2002 Mazda Astina 323 1.8L did much better and apparently the Civic has 'advanced' fuel saving technology? just not as advanced as the old Mazda 323 1.8L ;-)

On the highway or in the country it does better of course, I just got back from a holiday in regional NSW and I was getting more like 570 per 40L tank..

just rang my uncle with a VTI-L auto, 2000kms and the last time he fill in it was 7.5L/100Kms... and its a 90% city as well since his doing delivery around the city...

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Civic Vti
    Actually my fuel consumption is probably 6% worse as checking my speedo at two different speed checks on the hume hwy, to actually do 100kph I need to drive at 106kph. So my car would be telling me I am travelling around 6% further than I actually am?
    Last edited by Joele; 03-01-2008 at 08:41 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Js Racing Time Attack DC5
    It does seem a little high but not out of the ordinary. My GTI has had 2 tanks so far and it's odometer reading is 1,200. I've done about 20kms on the third tank (55 litres) so I'm getting close to 600kms per tank. For a brand new demo that's pretty good because people don't mind having a go in them.

My DC5R would get around 380-420kms from a tank but I only drive it in a spirited fashion and it's a modded K20. What's the ADR claim for the 1.8 in the FD?

Member Array
    Car:
    Js Racing Time Attack DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by Joele View Post
    Great, well trying to prove to Honda there is something wrong with my fuel consumption is going to get me nowhere fast LOL
    They won't listen to you until you've done at least 5,000kms anyway. They need a larger timeframe to monitor it. We've had similar instances with VW customers. They expected ADR quoted figures on the first week.