Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury

2005 Euro front license plate holder is U.G.L.Y.

My Euro has a US sized mount, with a European sized mount over that, with a AU size plate in it, and oddly enough it all looks like shit.

The 2007 cars I see in pics have a neat AU sized mount... can this be fitted to the 2005 bumper?

Quote Originally Posted by one4spl View Post
    My Euro has a US sized mount, with a European sized mount over that, with a AU size plate in it, and oddly enough it all looks like shit.

The 2007 cars I see in pics have a neat AU sized mount... can this be fitted to the 2005 bumper?
    I hear you!! I'd be interested to know this also!

S.

PS. It blocks a fair portion of the air scoop as well...

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    I've got an 06 and yes it's ugly.I removed the holder and cut approx.1/3rd of it off and sanded it back with a bit of fine grade wet and dry.BTW i've got slimline premium plates.

Member Array
    Car:
    TRX400EX,TRD 3500S & BT50
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    BTW i've got slimline premium plates.
    ?
    Bwwwwoooommmp

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    I've got an 06 and yes it's ugly.I removed the holder and cut approx.1/3rd of it off and sanded it back with a bit of fine grade wet and dry.BTW i've got slimline premium plates.
    mine had the huge ass japanese holder on it... used to be like double the size of my number plate! i cut it down to size and sanded off with wet'n'dry too... then i sprayed it metallic silver (match my car) and clear coated it... looks sexy now

ftw i also have slimline plates...

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by EUR003act View Post
    mine had the huge ass japanese holder on it..
    You have an '07, right?

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    I also cut mine down to size and I just have normal plates.
    Jazz: stock, K&N panel filter.
    120 Series Prado GXL Petrol: Pacemaker extractors, Dual 2 1/4" exhaust, 70 series MT STZ's, ARB non-winch bullbar, snorkel, Dimpled and slotted rotors.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 honda euro tourer
    mine is MY07 also was too big i have slimline plates. I cut it and painted it silver and clear coated it, looks much better. Thanks EUROO3act for the idea

hmmm

i took the plastic thing off and just re drilled the number plate - it sits flush on a 1mm thick foam plate so it doesnt scratch the bar.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by glengowan View Post
    mine is MY07 also was too big i have slimline plates. I cut it and painted it silver and clear coated it, looks much better. Thanks EUROO3act for the idea
    i get rep points now right? lol no probs dude, glad i could help! i just hate seeing euro's not looking sexy!

You have an '07, right?
    nah i got the last of the '03... although i do have multiple parts off the '07

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury
    Well, I took it all apart and had a look.

I decided to throw out the European shaped moulding, and then trimmed down the US moulding so that it had no flange on it, and trimmed the bottom so it was ~20mm short of the bottom of the AU plate. I sanded it all down so that it was smooth and square, and then coated it a couple of times with Moto spray matt black paint to hide the sanding marks.

Conveniently the US mount has perforation lines around the edge of the flange making it easy to trim off with tin-snips or a sharp hobby knife.

Looks good!

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Well, I took it all apart and had a look.

I decided to throw out the European shaped moulding, and then trimmed down the US moulding so that it had no flange on it, and trimmed the bottom so it was ~20mm short of the bottom of the AU plate. I sanded it all down so that it was smooth and square, and then coated it a couple of times with Moto spray matt black paint to hide the sanding marks.

Conveniently the US mount has perforation lines around the edge of the flange making it easy to trim off with tin-snips or a sharp hobby knife.

Looks good!

Yep that's exactly what i did.i just didn't explain it very well..Looks heaps better now doesn't it?