Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Earth, Milky Way
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro (LUX)

New Acura NSX Production Delayed

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9071220....uction-delayed

New Acura NSX Production Delayed

When the Acura Advanced Sports Car Concept made its debut at Detroit in 2007, it became evident that a new Acura NSX would not be available in 2008. Now, a Honda official has confirmed to Ward's Auto that the next generation Acura NSX will debut in 2010.

“We are developing it without any delay, so most probably we will have it in the period we already promised,” American Honda President and CEO Tetsuo Iwamura told a Ward's Auto reporter.

Previously, Honda CEO Takeo ***ui had said the car would come out between 2008 and 2009. In a 2005 speech, ***ui had said Honda would like to introduce a V-10 sports car "in three to four years." When the Advanced Sports Car Concept was shown off in Detroit, ***ui said a production version would be introduced at the October Tokyo Motor Show.

Despite the pressure placed on Honda by Nissan, which had planned - and succeded - in introducing their GT-R at Tokyo, Honda was unable to complete their production model. Rumors have since surfaced that an unenthusiastic responce to the concept sent the model back to the engineers for a reworking. The concept was designed by Acura's Los Angeles-based design team.

The end result is likely that the introduction of the Acura brand to Japan will be delayed, which could mean Americans might get the first shot at the NSX. If Honda retains similar specs as the Acura Advanced Sports Car Concept, then you can expect the new Acura NSX to be a supercar with a front-mounted V-10, and a highly-tuned rear-wheel drive version of Acura's Super Handling All-Wheel Drive system

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    They should have used the shell of the HSC concept......
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    HSC was much better, this is ugly

Member Array
    Car:
    hondas suck <3
    i love this new nsx its my next dream car

*Looks at pic*

Hmm......there's a shiny new Nissan GT-R up on blocks somewhere in the world right now.

Front wheel drive is for the feeble.

-Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Q_ball
    its disqualified hun, not suspended lol. im more hardcore

Member Array
    Car:
    2011 FPV F6
    IF Honda allows the Americans to have a very substantial hand in designing and engineering of the new NSX I believe it will have a good chance of being an abysmal failure.Unfortunately,the US or rather the North American market is huge and American styling cues(yuck!) are coming into Honda's international cars eg the Accord Euros big grill(Acura).Fueled by their overconfidence of believing they do things so much better than the rest of the world,I see a disaster in the making.

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    take f u k off the censor lists its stupid

Quote Originally Posted by ShAwNeX View Post
    Previously, Honda CEO Takeo ***ui had said the car would come out between 2008 and 2009. In a 2005 speech, ***ui had said Honda would like to introduce a V-10 sports car "in three to four years." When the Advanced Sports Car Concept was shown off in Detroit, ***ui said a production version would be introduced at the October Tokyo Motor Show.
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by fasthonda View Post
    IF Honda allows the Americans to have a very substantial hand in designing and engineering of the new NSX I believe it will have a good chance of being an abysmal failure.Unfortunately,the US or rather the North American market is huge and American styling cues(yuck!) are coming into Honda's international cars eg the Accord Euros big grill(Acura).Fueled by their overconfidence of believing they do things so much better than the rest of the world,I see a disaster in the making.
    Unfortunately, the Accord Euro is Jap designed and styled before they decided to sell it in the US as the TSX. So it is not only the US, but Japan as well which are going towards the big grill design.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    2011 FPV F6
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Unfortunately, the Accord Euro is Jap designed and styled before they decided to sell it in the US as the TSX. So it is not only the US, but Japan as well which are going towards the big grill design.
    Exactly,but IMHO designs take ito account what American consumers like and the rest of the world cops it!
    I'm sure 2009 the Euro/TSX will have an even bigger Acura styled grill.

If you haven't guessed it by now,very little impresses me about American design.

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    all the new spaceship euro looking cars at the moment look ****ing ugly.... only exceptions i can think of at the moment is the accord euro, 350z, new gtr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Looks like a knight's armoured shoe from the 13th Century...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    Long history
    did the japs design the HSC.. i think so because it was release at a jap car show..

now that is a nice design, compaired to the american pos where there team probably used 60's american corvettes are their design inspiration or some bs, because that is what the american 'market' wants