Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 2007

Checklist when picking up a new car

Hi guys, just got a call yesterday from the dealership, my new Civic should be ready by next week, just wondering are there anything I should check when picking up my new vehicle finally?? this is my 1st brand new car, so, I don't know anything.Thanks~~~~

once you have all your finances done all you really need to do is sign a few papers.
    anything else you will need such as manual's will be given to you when you get the key.
    after all the paperwork and stuff is done, the dealer will give you a few freebies [unless he is cheap], show you the main controls around the car and then you're sweet.
    congrats on the new purchase. =]
    Front wheel drive is for the feeble.

-Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Q_ball
    its disqualified hun, not suspended lol. im more hardcore

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 2007
    Thanks, Mini. It's been all paid off already, to give the salesman a little help, because of the end of year thing, what kind of things I'm likely to be given at that time?

usually just dodgey keyrings or floor mats lol.
    nothing all that great.
    when i got the mini they gave me a $100 gift voucher for their bmw/mini store which would have been ok if it actually sold anything at a decent price with anythin that actually was worth buying. i ended up getting a $30 ipod cable and two $35 keyrings
    when i got the mx5 all i got was a clear plastic keyring which they stuck "tom kerr mazda" logo inside ==''
    Front wheel drive is for the feeble.

-Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Q_ball
    its disqualified hun, not suspended lol. im more hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by ahmondjai View Post
    Hi guys, just got a call yesterday from the dealership, my new Civic should be ready by next week, just wondering are there anything I should check when picking up my new vehicle finally?? this is my 1st brand new car, so, I don't know anything.Thanks~~~~
    other than what minix33 said, check the car also. When i picked mine up, i examined it like a hawk. I took a torch also to shine it at the car looking at it from various angles. The salesman also had a torch helping me out

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Civic Vti
    Check the paint work I had bubbled paint on the roof...

if you got any of the accessories, get someone at the dealership to check it with you who isn't a sales guy and preferably who you know. i am getting paint protection and fabric protection on my vehicle and so did my friend when he bought his car 3 years ago from the same place. his car had the paint protection, but not the fabric protection, which we found out a year later when someone looked over it and said the paint was in very bad condition. i don't know whether they just forgot to put it on, but im not letting them get away with it for me. have the after sales guy (who wont work directly for honda) take a look, and for example with the fabric protection, put a few drops of water on the seat or floor. if it goes in, you can be sure they are screwing you on the stuff they think you can't see.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 2007
    Joele, as for bubbled paint, is it really obvious or is it just small wavy looks from the paints?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Civic Vti
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmondjai View Post
    Joele, as for bubbled paint, is it really obvious or is it just small wavy looks from the paints?
    mine was on the roof and was wavvy looks (like too thick in parts) for a maybe 5cm by 15cm section on the roof and 5 raised bubbles about 6mm accross. One was actually popped so just bare metal maybe 5mm accross..

They stripped and resprayed the whole roof...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Joele View Post
    mine was on the roof and was wavvy looks (like too thick in parts) for a maybe 5cm by 15cm section on the roof and 5 raised bubbles about 6mm accross. One was actually popped so just bare metal maybe 5mm accross..

They stripped and resprayed the whole roof...
    so, what did you say to them?? were u satisfy tho??

go over everything like a tightass! and all that the dealer gave us were 2 bayside honda keyrings, tight c*nts! pay extra attention to the paint also, as ours is f*cked!

i got 2 keyrings still in packet and took a photo with the salesman. He printed the photo and put it in some Honda card for display.