DA6K20A CD5H23T
    Quote Originally Posted by espionage85 View Post
    I may have a spare 1,
    just need to find it first
    Awesome, that'd be awesome if you can find it. Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9 with B18c2
    im going to be giving the C2 all new earthing lines..

just wondering what size gauge do alot of you guys run ..

or would it be better to get one of those earthing kits ??
    DA9 B18c2
    http://www.facebook.com/RisingSunBaseJumping
    Base Jumping & Wingsuit Flying is my LIFE

Member Array
    Car:
    95 VTIR Integra
    Hey guys, got a problem with my DA9 integra. Today I replaced the timing belt and water pump, took my time done everything properly. When I finished the car wouldn't start. I checked the timing marks in case I might have missed a tooth, but they are perfectly aligned. I checked the fuel and ignition. The fuel pump is priming prior to ignition but when I try to start it there doesn't seem to be any spark. The Main relay is working fine because the engine light turns off after a few secs of ignition. Any ideas plz. I would really appreciate some suggestions. Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9, eg, n360,
    sounds like timing pic of the gears lined up please

Member Array
    Car:
    91 DA6
    yeh seems like ur timings still off

pull the spark plug out of cylinder 1, (closest to timing belt)
    put a long screw driver in it, then ratchet ur crank till thats tdc and go from there.
    Last edited by stevo716; 27-10-2011 at 09:59 PM.
    Build Thread http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128210

RIP 1992 Horizon Grey DA9
    Current 1991 JDM Burgundy DA6, with 108kw atw B18A1

Member Array
    Car:
    95 VTIR Integra
    Thanks heaps guys for your reply. After hours wasted on checking different things including the timing marks and positioning.....
    It ended up being a coincidental case of the distributor. The coil shit it self. I just bought another and now working as good as gold. Thanks again for your help.
    Last edited by Rami; 29-10-2011 at 12:58 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    95 VTIR Integra
    Just wondering..
    any body knows how strong the DA9 gearbox is? ...and whats the best preformace gear oil to use in it, for smother gear change. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Thanks heaps guys for your reply. After hours wasted on checking different things including the timing marks and positioning.....
    It ended up being a coincidental case of the distributor. The coil shit it self. I just bought another and now working as good as gold. Thanks again for your help.
    I'd hate to tell you the number of times similar things have happened to me. Your gremlins are alive and well.

Just wondering..
    any body knows how strong the DA9 gearbox is? ...and whats the best preformace gear oil to use in it, for smother gear change. Thanks.
    Far as I am aware it's the same as any other "B" engined G/box, just different ratio gears to suit it's application. If you want to keep it OEM then genuine Honda oil is the way to go. Personally I use Castrol VMX80, gives smooth shifts. But of course no oil is gonna fix worn parts especially synchros.

While on the subject of fluids, check your P/steering fluid. Dip a twisted piece of paper into the fluid in the resevoir. It should be clear (no colour), if it's slightly dirty looking (greyish)it means it's old but most likely OEM. If it's pink or reddish then some ignorant person (or careless service dept) has topped it up with ATF (auto trans fluid) which is a definite no-no for Honda's. Will pay you to get the system drained and then change the fluid a couple of times with genuine Honda P/S fluid.
    Last edited by hondapop; 29-10-2011 at 09:19 AM. Reason: extra

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9/CL9
    Just wondering..
    I was looking this up for myself recently to make the same decision - Manual says Api service grade: SF or SG
    from what i have researched,
    Most people say they prefer normal 10w 30 motor oil or Honda MTF

Some use Royal Purple syncromesh
    Apparently you have to be careful of using pure synthetic oil , some say they mix 1/2 and 1/2 but all in all , from what i was reading most are happy with 10w 30 or Honda MTF

We have one of the members on another forum who races a CRX B series using VMX80 in his G/box. I would'nt use engine oil and I definitely wouldn't mix synthetic and mineral oils.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9/CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by hondapop View Post
    We have one of the members on another forum who races a CRX B series using VMX80 in his G/box. I would'nt use engine oil and I definitely wouldn't mix synthetic and mineral oils.
    Do you know what VMX-80 is worth mate?
    easy to get?

cheers