Page 221 of 313 FirstFirst ... 121171211218219220221222223224231271 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,652 of 3745
    Member Array
    Car:
    89 LS Teg aka ugly teg
    I've had brake booster issues with both my DA9s and got similar symptoms. I couldn't justify fixing it as the brake boosters were $700 a pop for new ones and I don't trust second hand brake gear. I just put up with it. When my master cylinder went my pedal just dropped to the floor, before that it had a rock solid pedal then about 6 months later I started getting the squishy pedal, I just learnt to live with it.

Member Array
    Car:
    AE86 hatch
    ok thanks a-man and gumbs, hopefully its not too serious. One more thing i forgot to mention was that the idle is pretty rough occasionally after starting up and driving a bit but then all good ater that?
    cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    Quote Originally Posted by mooshie View Post
    Hey Jon,
    have you changed out the MC for a DC2R one? Did you swap the whole Booster/MC combo or just swap the MC? I have just upgraded to 282mm fronts and it does feel slightly mushy at first but when you press the pedal a bit more it bites really well. I dont feel that modulating the brake is an issue at all either.

Just wondering if it is worth the hassle of getting in there to swap it all out (tis a bitch to access)
    Sorry mooshie, I didn't see this post. I can't really say. I bought the car with the master cylinder already done. brakes feel good but after doing the master cylinder on an ek I wouldn't recommend it without little elf hands or the motor out.

Member Array
    Car:
    ex-DA9, Altezza
    wonder what it looks like now
    ModBox

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    looks pretty much the same, but I went back to stock lights while i work out what to do with the projectors. for a da though, i got most of the squeaks out of it.
    http://www.andysautosport.com/acura/...ks/vis_racing/
    the real question is
    paint or cf? or painted cf?
    Last edited by Jon_51; 09-11-2010 at 03:35 PM. Reason: *fixed link

Member Array
    Car:
    ex-DA9, Altezza
    link don't work lol
    ModBox

Member Array
    Car:
    89 LS Teg aka ugly teg
    $450!!!? Why? The weight is in the glass anyway.

Member Array
    Car:
    ex-DA9, Altezza
    can get custom perspex made up
    ModBox

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985

Member Array
    Car:
    89 LS Teg aka ugly teg
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon DA9R View Post
    can get custom perspex made up
    Which will be illegal. But my point was more why spend $450 (probably closer to $600 after shipping) on the replacing the hatch, if you've ever lifted one without the glass in it they weigh SFA. If you're that concerned with dropping weight by all means replace the glass with perspex, that will give you a decent weight reduction, but replacing steel with CF will make so little difference.

Also considering how nose heavy the DAs are I'd be more inclined to try and lose weight upfront, before I started trying to take it out of the back. Unless of course your just doing it for the strip, but then you'd be much better off spending the money else where.

On an unrelated note did you ever end up selling your Da9?

Member Array
    Car:
    ex-DA9, Altezza
    well jon_51 wants everything he can get his hands on lol..was just a half kidding suggestion...just that i've thought about it myself in the past..but i agree with u..i could never justify spending that much on the back end of the car when the front is where the diet needs to be targeted

his current car is almost complete...other than engine/box, front/rear cf bits, maybe a front lip in the near future, front and rear strut, ...most other handling bits had been done

yeh i've sold it...several months back....miss it dearly tho, just not as much fun in the is200
    ModBox

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    I'm only really thinking about it because the bootlid has had a couple spoilers put on it and it's going to cost a couple hundred bucks to get welded up and resprayed. +a cf bonnet is pretty ridiculously cheap and I'd be the king of the rice bois.
    I'll probably end up going the weld up and respray, what do you guys reckon? has anyone changed the glass in the hatch? is it very tricky?
    Last edited by Jon_51; 10-11-2010 at 09:16 AM. Reason: *spelling mistakes