Page 263 of 313 FirstFirst ... 163213253260261262263264265266273 ... LastLast
Results 3,145 to 3,156 of 3745
    Member Array
    Car:
    DA9,DA3,EG,DA9
    im sure this is covered elewhere on the forum so i wont waste everyones time with questions. but can sum one point me in the direction of info on obd0 and 1, like on the differences etc...

Member Array
    Car:
    91 DA6
    from wat i was told from someone, obd0 is like comparing intel pentium 1 with a dualcore, obd1 processes fast and just better to use
    but i cant say from expierience
    Build Thread http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128210

RIP 1992 Horizon Grey DA9
    Current 1991 JDM Burgundy DA6, with 108kw atw B18A1

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9/CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by stocky View Post
    Why convert to OBD1? Unless you have a tuner who only tunes Hondata, Crome, etc, there are OBD0 tuning options that are quite comprehensive
    So far i have Skunk2 I/M & T/B and Weapon R intake, will be getting cams, and eventually once i get all parts together , turbo it.
    Now ive been told you cant boost on obd0, and ive also been told that to get the best out of my Intake setup and future cam setup, converting to Obd1 would help in the tuning department, and to achieve both of these and provide me with a faster ecu at the same time, so i though why not start by converting to obd1 so that once i get my car back on the road i can go get that initial tune so she is a happy DA.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA6K20A CD5H23T
    Quote Originally Posted by DA9-47 View Post
    So far i have Skunk2 I/M & T/B and Weapon R intake, will be getting cams, and eventually once i get all parts together , turbo it.
    Now ive been told you cant boost on obd0, and ive also been told that to get the best out of my Intake setup and future cam setup, converting to Obd1 would help in the tuning department, and to achieve both of these and provide me with a faster ecu at the same time, so i though why not start by converting to obd1 so that once i get my car back on the road i can go get that initial tune so she is a happy DA.

I've had my OBD0 Xsi for the best part of 10 years and have done a fair amount of work to it except an OBD1 conversion. I've also boosted the b16a with an obd0 ecu, you just need a rom editor that will support extended maps into the +ve range. With the OBD0 ECU you can connect it to a laptop via usb, tune in real time, upload maps, datalog, launch control, anything really. The problem is, most have no experience tuning OBD0 ECU's here in Australia so if you want someone else to tune it, convert to OBD1, run what the tuner recommends and call it a day. Otherwise, just tune it yourself, and no it won't blow up if you research properly.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9/CL9
    Mate you made that sound so good, just yeah I would need a laptop first lol, getting someone else to just do it (tune) would be preffered, trying to do as much as possible but don't wanna overload myself with stuff, befor I started on ozhonda, I would just take my cars to a machanic,

trying to research how to rebuild a b18a and how to turbo afta, wanna look this up heaps as I don't wanna buy all the parts and then get half way through and relise i've done something wrong, or worse think it's good , then drive it and blow engine or something like that. So if a obd1 conversion isn't hard, and it will be tunable by a good tuner, I think I'll try it, would most wreckers have the obd1 ecu and dissy? is there a specific ecu I need to get? Obviously a manual obd1 ecu, p -somthing??? And what car does it come from? So I can check wreckers

Member Array
    Car:
    91 DA6
    odb1 was used int he 92-93 da9s

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9/CL9
    Well I won't find one of them at my local wreckers lol,
    will check other Honda wreckers,
    cheers stevo

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    i used ry-wire to convert from obd0 - obd1

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9/CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by espionage85 View Post
    i used ry-wire to convert from obd0 - obd1
    Hey man ,

had a look at Ry-wire.com

http://www.rywire.com/catalog/obd0-m...kage-p-69.html

is this the one you got?
    and is it a good price?
    and did you buy it online?

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    Quote Originally Posted by DA9-47 View Post
    Hey man ,

had a look at Ry-wire.com

http://www.rywire.com/catalog/obd0-m...kage-p-69.html

is this the one you got?
    and is it a good price?
    and did you buy it online?

cheers
    thats a very good price!!

but i went a step further

http://www.rywire.com/catalog/milspe...rness-p-1.html

thats the one i got,
    you order it from them and they make it to your specs,
    i wanted aircon, but no power steering so they did that.

well worth the cash i think

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9,DA3,EG,DA9
    hey guys Skunk2 Intake Manifold for B18a how serious a job to fit to da9 91 model? is it pretty much a straight swap or have i gotta move/modify some things...

Member Array
    Car:
    91 DA6
    Quote Originally Posted by menacer View Post
    hey guys Skunk2 Intake Manifold for B18a how serious a job to fit to da9 91 model? is it pretty much a straight swap or have i gotta move/modify some things...
    u gotta move modify things its a bit of f**king round