Page 311 of 313 FirstFirst ... 211261301308309310311312313 LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,732 of 3745
    Member Array
    Car:
    DA9/CL9

Dedicated DA9 Q & A thread

Quote Originally Posted by hondapop View Post
    Don't know about the check light's relationship to a faulty fuel pump, otherwise it sounds like that old bug-a-boo, the main relay (which also controls the pump) soldering getting dry joints.
    The check engine light turns on when u turn ignition to accessorize then off when the pump has primed the lines

Ahh ok so I need to re solder the main relay ?

Sounds about right to be some elec bug lol

I can hear the pump priming most times , but when I don't hear it prime it either won't start or start then die

Certainly sounds like the classic symptoms.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9/CL9
    Certainly sounds like the classic symptoms.
    Cheers man =)

Okay guys how is everyone here, i am not good writing in English as it is my second language, i will really appreciate the help of everyone here.
    my car specs.
    Honda
    Integra 2 door coupe.
    B18A1 1.8L DOCH engine EFI
    is 1990 model
    the problem is that i cant turn on the car, the engine light wont go away, i have tried everything sometimes the engine light turns off and i can start up or fire up the car and no problem.
    what i have noticed is that when the check engine light stays on i cant hear the fuel pump at all but if i try randomly the fuel pump will kick in and the engine light will go off and then i am able to fire up the car.
    The car cranks and everything seems to be working fine except this.
    i went down to the ecu to check if there is any codes with that red flashing light.
    results were weird, when the fuel pump kicks in the engine light is on for 2 seconds as the fuel pumps cuts off the engine light goes off at the same time the ecu flashes or blinks only once "i have read that means the ecu is working and it is not a error code as it doesn't repeat itself". After this i can turn on the car and drive normally.
    now gets even more weird because most of the time when i put the ignition on ii2 the engine light doesn't go away and cant hear the fuel pump kick-in and even weird is that i cant see any flashes indicating that the ecu has power or that is working.
    so this is my problem atm and need to find a solution asap. 2 mechanics have had a look at it and no one wants to touch anything related to electrical stuff on a Honda.
    i live in SA Adelaide.
    thanks to everyone who replies to me.

Nothing wrong with your English mate. Same problem/solution as DA9-47's. Main relay.

Nothing wrong with your English mate. Same problem/solution as DA9-47's. Main relay.
    thanks a lot buddy i really appreciate this man!! you are the second one on telling me this sure ill get this to work again!
    do you know if i can find this on any store like autobarn repco or supercheap auto?

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9/CL9

Dedicated DA9 Q & A thread

It's a DIY job mate, my car was acting the same , then I removed all the old solder then re soldered the main relay and since then it has been awesome , you only need like 3-4 tools and you can do it yourself !!
    Or could take the part out and take it to an auto electrician to do for u but I would try do it yourself =)

Also look up "integra main relay problem" on YouTube to find a walk through guide on how to find the main relay (behind coin slot) , remove it , de solder it , re solder it , then reinstall it ,
    Since I fixed mine it hasn't not started once
    Last edited by DA9-47; 07-03-2014 at 08:25 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9/CL9
    Ps does anyone know an around about price for 2 outer cv's?
    I think it's time

Quote Originally Posted by DA9-47 View Post
    Ps does anyone know an around about price for 2 outer cv's?
    I think it's time
    60 bucks for both of them on ebay cant remember the brand i have done 60k with them and still veryu good ill try post up the link here but yeah 33$ each cv jooint i not bad at all.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9/CL9
    Thanks man , yeah post a link so I can have a squiz at it =)

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    Hello,
    I have a few questions I hope some people can help me out with. I am dropping a b18b from a 96gsi into my 93 da9(obd1).
    The engine I'm moving to is 1/4 the age of my b18a1.
    after reading up a bit, a lot seems logical. I just keep the da9 engine mounts & gearbox, but I'm getting conflicting info on what to do with alternator, distributor and injectors and ecu side of thing.
    I wouldn't mind switching the chassis to be entirely obd2 and keeping the new engine and all it's bits and pieces + ecu togethor, as I have everything from the gsi to use.
    If I do just use obd1 ecu currently in the car, can I use the b18b's alternator, dizzy and injectors or do I move all those across from the old motor?
    Finally, if I do keep the odb1 ecu, the previous owner of my car has chipped the ecu, with I'm pretty sure one of those ebay chips everyone says to avoid. Does anyone have any advice on what to do about that, if anything. I don't seem to get any sort of economy. Should I buy another ecu? Can I just take the chip out, should I buy a new chip from somewhere. this is all budget as, but if getting it tuned with something, somehow, somewhere will save me money in fuel down the track, I'd be tempted.
    tl'dr, I've done to much reading and now I don't know which way to jump

ps if anyone in brisbane is chasing a minty gsi box on the cheeps pm me.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    Integra da9 owners australia, on fb would probably be a faster way to get answers.

This thread has been dead for a long time lol,

As for your questions,
    All b series parts are interchangeable, so you can use any b series box, mounts.
    As for the alternator, ps pump and aircon the plugs may be different, I believe you can just change the plugs over from the pumps and alternator from the da9, not to sure about the injectors tho.