Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Rice Rocket

Civic FD Speedo, Cluster & Cd player LEDs

Okay i'm quite sure most of you have thought of changing the colour of the speedo, cluster and cd player LEDs. I'm sure at somepoint you got totally sick of the blue. anyways Stock ones are blue, and Type-R are red. been searching here and there but no conversions available yet. Has any FD owner successfully done a conversion from Blue to Red?
    Last edited by Mingy; 07-01-2008 at 07:15 PM.

it is possible to change to red. I dont have instructions but people overseas has done it. Apparently red is no good for your eyes after viewing it for a while

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Rice Rocket
    interesting....hey is that your car shimian with the conversion done?? coz your profile has FD2.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic
    blue is nicer then red anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Mingy View Post
    interesting....hey is that your car shimian with the conversion done?? coz your profile has FD2.
    FD2 is the sports model. Thats not my car. I like the blue better too

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    There are some on the Singapore forums I think but as others have pointed out, blue is much easier on the eyes. Looks better IMO too. If you wanted red, you'd have to make sure it's a deep colour and not too bright.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Rice Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by JaCe View Post
    There are some on the Singapore forums I think but as others have pointed out, blue is much easier on the eyes. Looks better IMO too. If you wanted red, you'd have to make sure it's a deep colour and not too bright.
    are you referring to www.shc-forum.com?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Nah there are some FD exclusive forums such as www.civicfd-sg.com and www.sgcivic.com. Then there are also the American 8th gen Civic forums (google it- forgot the URL).

Bear in mind these are purely for inspirational purposes because some of the parts aren't available here, prices are likely to differ, and for Singapore/M'sia for example, the people there are much more gutsy when it comes to modifications!

Member Array
    Car:
    hondas suck <3
    hmmm imo.... blue=green>red

^ would be cool to install different LEDs so that you can flick a switch or two and go between blue/red/gree/yellow/white ....

EDIT: LOL... except u couldn't read your speedo if its white... so scratch that.

they designed the colours quite well. Blue for speedo. Green to see gears (auto). So a big pat on R&D IMO. Only thing i hate is that you cannot control the brightness of the stock HU display. But eventually im gonna install my own HU.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimian View Post
    they designed the colours quite well. Blue for speedo. Green to see gears (auto). So a big pat on R&D IMO. Only thing i hate is that you cannot control the brightness of the stock HU display. But eventually im gonna install my own HU.
    I wish they colour coded all the lights (e.g. blue on the speedos n HU, light blue on gears (auto)?)

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family