Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    forgive me for not knowing, but is that the same as how manufacturers get their power figures, at which point in the driveline does the power reading come from????

i'm not too clear on this...

thanks

manufacturer gets its power figures from the flywheel..........(engine dyno).....thatr way they give you the reading of wat power the engine makes with no loss at all through any driveline.............

i only prefer hub dyno, as it has no chance to slip and wheel spin..............and it gives a more accurate reading i beleive....................im not chasing power figures...............i only want it to be tuned perfect, inm not saying that roller dynos are no good.......me and my mates only have our cars dyno tyned for accuracy and a dyno is only a tuning tool, yes it does give you a reading of power.....but hey like people compare.......other dynos show different power and on different days......the weather it all makes a difference...............even on ahub dyno all factors are to be considered........................

its personal choice and like i said, i onmly prefer a hub dyno as it has no chance of slipping/wheelspining

thats my theory........

please guys....dont kill me for my theory and explanation....everyone has there own opinion

so, they take the wheel off and bolt the dyno up to the hubs?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    thats right
    i'll post some pics

That's exactly right.

Hub-dyno's are a good way of measuring and tuning power (not to say roller dynos are not a good way) but as IEVAQ8 mentioned, it reduces the chance of slippage and is much more accurate.

I've only ever tuned on a hub-dyno and measured power on a roller dyno.

This may sound stupid n is probably wrong but is any power lost in the wheels' inertia? if so wouldnt it be more accurate to have the wheels on the dyno?

Member Array
    Car:
    Poo-goat 307
    Quote Originally Posted by absolutR View Post
    This may sound stupid n is probably wrong but is any power lost in the wheels' inertia? if so wouldnt it be more accurate to have the wheels on the dyno?
    Power is lost driving the weight of the wheels.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2R
    120.9KW Atw
    Spoon n1 exhaust, Mugen 4-1, Catco catback, Jun fly, Exedy organic clutch, Vafc tuned by dr. drift
    roller dyno
    Last edited by LiquiDSound; 10-05-2008 at 03:04 PM.
    On sale now!
    - HIGH QUALITY KAIXEN XENON KITS 100% OEM Korean Made. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94693
    - MTEC HALOGENS

dr drift tunes hondas?????????

he do hondata's?

My bone stock DC2R got 106.4kw atw on a dyno dynamics dyno last week.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2R
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    dr drift tunes hondas?????????

he do hondata's?
    not sure about hondatas, revzone does it
    On sale now!
    - HIGH QUALITY KAIXEN XENON KITS 100% OEM Korean Made. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94693
    - MTEC HALOGENS

Member Array
    1994 DC2 Honda Integra VTI-R
    Turbocharged set up & tune by Croydon Racing Developments
    144 kilowatts @ the front wheel's
    13.5 @ 103 M.P.H at Western Sydney International Dragway.

Member Array
    Car:
    integra type R 2000
    hi all just curious, how much would a dc2R with full mugen exhaust is making
    cheers