Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer

Thumbs up Civic Type R Replica Kit (Singapore) and other stuff...

NOTE: I DO NOT HAVE THIS KIT (or any CTR parts) INSTALLED ON MY CIVIC. PLEASE DO NOT PM ME ASKING ME ABOUT IT!

Not meaning to tempt you all especially since I saw this in Singapore for sale (it was approx $1300sgd unpainted/unshipped), but here are some photos of a replica Type R bodykit. Who knows.. maybe it'll make it to Aus one day. And no, the shop does not usually ship to Australia.

The kit looks really nice IMO. Don't like the Type-R style painted wing (i.e. the black bit)... and for those interested, there were a few FD2Rs in Singapore but not too many. I mean, it's more expensive than an Evo IX!

Some other parts I saw for sale at this shop for the Civic FD specifically are;
    *Eagle Eyes fully installed for $598sgd.
    *Genuine OEM Type-R badge for $43sgd
    *Full set of genuine OEM Type-R badging (red front/rear and Type-R) $160sgd
    *AEM instake approx $500-550sgd (can't remember exact price but it's somewhere around there)

Last time I checked, 1aud was approx 1.2sgd. The reason I provide these prices is so if you are shopping in Aus and find these parts, this will give you a rough idea of the cost of them in other countries. Bear in mind that Singapore profit margins are alot thinner than Aus, shipping costs are alot less (since it's so near to Thailand and China), there's alot less risk of inventory going stale (since they have many more customers to sell to who are likely to buy parts) and wages are considerably less; so don't expect the parts to be THAT cheap in Aus!
    Last edited by JaCe; 14-01-2008 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Sick of people PMing me asking for details on the CTR kit

ordering a mugen gear wrap cover and maybe a rear badge from SG.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    The Type R kit looks abit too plain at the front well thats IMO. Stokie rims like my car =]

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    The FD2R is not more expensive than the evo ix in singapore and there are quite a handfull of FD2Rs around as they are JDM imports and it's cheaper than the FN2R at the local honda dealership

nice... is it too heavy to cary a set back to Sydney (only the kits, no wing, etc)?

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Quote Originally Posted by 6ary View Post
    The FD2R is not more expensive than the evo ix in singapore and there are quite a handfull of FD2Rs around as they are JDM imports and it's cheaper than the FN2R at the local honda dealership
    I'm relying on my cousin's input- he may have been referring to 2nd hand Evos if that's the case. Aren't Evo's sub RM200k (malaysia)?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 > CL9 > RE4
    is the type r spoiler similar with mugen one?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Rice Rocket
    Hello Sexy! this is my kind of bodykit. i''d get the conversion done and i know where but its too expensive. 3-5K just for a visual ctr conversion.

Yo JaCe, hows the CTR wing on your FD? i saw it in your gallery the other day.
    Last edited by Mingy; 08-01-2008 at 02:30 PM.

I'm pretty sure (unless JaCe changed it... unlikely) he has a genuine Mugen wing on.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Quote Originally Posted by JaCe View Post
    I'm relying on my cousin's input- he may have been referring to 2nd hand Evos if that's the case. Aren't Evo's sub RM200k (malaysia)?
    Malaysian cars are really expensive as their government impose heavy tariffs on imported cars to sell their protons. FD2R in singapore costs abit more than 100k SGD, evo 10s cost 120-130k
    Last edited by 6ary; 08-01-2008 at 04:00 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    ^ Correct. That's why alot of our cars in M'sia are 2nd hand... and also leads to more and more problems ><

On a sidenote, I was thrashing our Waja... managed to top it out at 183km/h. Not bad for a 1.6L on the NS h/w =] Only cars which overtook me were a Fairlady, a CLS350 (and *gasp* a Camry 2.0L)... all Singaporean plates.

Quote Originally Posted by markCivicVti View Post
    I'm pretty sure (unless JaCe changed it... unlikely) he has a genuine Mugen wing on.
    Correct. Factory painted Mugen wing.

Btw what gallery are you referring to? I thought I only uploaded a few shots with Jo_E here on the forums. My picasaweb (http://picasaweb.google.com/jace.88) is quite outdated.

CTR wing and Mugen wing are different. Mugen is 1 piece whereas CTR has 3 pieces connected together (2 side and 1 top)