Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    for the bigger hp cars were they open or closed deck blocks?

also> anyone know/can recommend a good machine shop in melb for sleeving and head work (must have a serdi machine and be able to cnc the head)

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    dont bother shipping your stuff to the usa... just buy a complete built shortblock... sean at ERL sell these strait off the shelf guarenteed..
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    yeh ill see what the local machine shops that top race teams use have to offer otherwise ill prolly go thu bensons or laskey racing

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by EGB18CT View Post
    for the bigger hp cars were they open or closed deck blocks?

also> anyone know/can recommend a good machine shop in melb for sleeving and head work (must have a serdi machine and be able to cnc the head)
    From the research i have done for the engine builder that does alot of Honda's here there is no cyl head shop doing CNC porting yet in Australia and there are a few in the states M2R and RLZ being the main two big HP Honda guys.Big HP cars use closed deck blocks.
    ALLMTR996

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    yeh it will most likely be a closed deck block so that part is pretty much confirmed as well as a few other things os my researchis getting somewhere!

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    There are cnc porters of honda heads here but the cost is not worthwhile, ive had a block sleeved here with Darton mids and ive had 1 done by Darton themselves, a few years ago i would have worried about having it done here but there are a few good shops pumping them out now on all different engines.

Adrian @ Toda uses who i think is Sydney's best machinist and i would start here as the job is top notch and freight and cost involved is nothing compared to sending to the states not to mention if that block number is already on paper as being in the vehicle, will save you hassle of having to get everything sorted before even getting it on the street without being torn a new one if your pulled over for whatever reason.

As for your head, M2R and RlZ do have the rep, but also have the rep of taking months and not delivering on time, esp RLZ with them supplying and supporting Skunk Racing, Alainz and portflow are very good at their turn arounds and for 1500u/s you have a complete head ready to go that will more then be able to produce what you want from it, a before mentioned 11sec 1.6 honda has NO HEAD PORTING what so ever, were not talking n/a here and porting isnt a must on an engine which is fed its intake, not drawing it in.

Do your research, shop around, look at results and reps of people you throw your money at, and good luck with the build.

Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaz View Post
    Adrian @ Toda uses who i think is Sydney's best machinist and i would start here as the job is top notch.........
    Who is the machinist?

Account Disabled Array
    Thats what i want to know as well

i doubt he will tell you this

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    why not, ???

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    if you dont want to say who the machinist is pm me...

also head porting is vital to both force fed and n/a. It all works on different pressure systems in the head. Also those civic that run 11's are stripped to the bone (like crx 11z) running full lexan windows etc... Im after reliability in a quality buil thats also capable of running 9.8s down the track if it goes that far but definate low 10's anyway that not much of a concern as i know illget there with the right tuner/builder and part selection. Im building a car that is on par to the best street/ sfwd type standards in the states so it all had to be carefully planned out.

anyway thanks to ur replys guys..

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda CRX Drag Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by EGB18CT View Post
    if you dont want to say who the machinist is pm me...

also head porting is vital to both force fed and n/a. It all works on different pressure systems in the head. Also those civic that run 11's are stripped to the bone (like crx 11z) running full lexan windows etc... Im after reliability in a quality buil thats also capable of running 9.8s down the track if it goes that far but definate low 10's anyway that not much of a concern as i know illget there with the right tuner/builder and part selection. Im building a car that is on par to the best street/ sfwd type standards in the states so it all had to be carefully planned out.

anyway thanks to ur replys guys..
    The EG CRX MSTCHF which runs 11.1@131 is a full streeter, it has full leather interior, Stereo and B16A. CRX-11Z is a full racecar and now runs 9.93@147 . running 9's is actually quite easy but you do need a very good chassis setup on top of a good tune up to do it.. The thing alot of people don't see with the yanks is that they are not scared to run 50psi and bang engines in order to go fast..
    PRO FWD 9.07@161.48 FWD.. 04
    ALLMOTOR 10.83@123.23 NA FWD 05