Quote Originally Posted by wynode
I've read that 3 times and i'm finding the comment very vague!?!

The above mentioned ECU does not 'log' any errors, but rather it is a self diagnostic mode used for......well diagnostics.
sorry to be vague..

I meant that a faulty sensor will throw an error on your ecu.. then you will see your warning lamp lite up.. once its lit then you can follow the above procedure to discover what is actually wrong with it. If the warning lamp isnt lit then the ecu has not detected any errors including sensor failures.

The procedure above doesnt actually force your ecu to run through a series of diagnostic tests but instead it makes your ecu display errors logged from detected sensor failure during operation. Or other failures for that matter.

I'm pretty sure this is how it works.. the procedure is great though!.. I have used it myself to diagnose my 4WS probs. The 4WS prob is an example of where the warning lamp was already lit and the procedure above was used to diagnose why it was lit.

Hence (provided all dash light bulbs are working) if you dont have a warning lamp already lit up on your dash then the procedure above wont really do anything for you.