Anyone selling a black ek1 facelift Hood (OEM)?? PM ME

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD

• FML •

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD
    Just some additional info + pics to help others!

Once you've done the steps to detach the cluster as per Gio's instructions here, you'll need to remove the plastic covering the speedo as per the image below:

I've already removed the clear plastic on this picture but the clips are sitting next to one another. Just use a screwdriver to push the clips down and pull it out.

Flip it around and this is what you'll find:

Blue circles: Where the wiring clip came out from and they need to go back into the same place.
    Yellow circle: To remove the black plastic cover you'll need to turn this bulb holder and pull it out of its socket as it is attached to the black cover. Be delicate here.
    Red circles: The 4 screws that the speedo is attached to.

Then you can remove the faceplate once the black and clear plastics are out:

So now you can turn it around and remove that 4 screws and remove the speedo.

Now just follow Gio's steps in putting everything back in your dash!

Hope this helps
    • FML •

yer i know old thread, but i didnt want to start a new thread.
    well i found out that my odometer and tripmeter isnt moving anymore on my em1. does anyone know what the problem seem to be? previous owner told me that he had some other cluster with lightings on it that his previous owner installed but then he changed it back to the stock. my mechanic advised me to buy a speedo assembly and replace it but im thinking of just getting the whole cluster with kms close to mine. Also what cluster would fit into an em1?

Member Array
    Car:
    A black one
    Get an ek4 cluster or em1 cluster. They have the correct redline for your car, others will fit and work fine such as the gli cluster but the redline is different.

Just buy another em1/ek4 cluster and then swap the odometer over that this thread shows you how to do.

thanks gio. rep to u

Member Array
    Car:
    A black one
    No worries brother

does anyone know the odometer/tripmeter problem?? speedo and tacho workin fine though

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1 mother****er
    what problem are you having?? if its not working, check the screws, cause the signal is given by them

yeh its just not moving at all, i was advised to replace the speedo head assembly. noob question but where is that? haha and what does it look like

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic
    This is the only downfall of the CXi i've found, power accessories never really bother me in older cars, they have a habit of being more of a pain in the arse than anything... but having no tacho in a manual isn't... ideal? The Honda wasn't the only car I test drove without it, crazy manufacturers.

How legal is this... I plan to make a trip down to a wrecker and pick up some bits I need, if they have a Manual Gli there I might be tempted to pull out the gauge cluster...

Member Array
    Car:
    A black one
    Its 100% legal i figure because you are using the original km's from your odo but just aquiring a new rev meter.