View Poll Results: Which do you reccomend.

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Skunk 2 shocks and adjustable springs combo

2 16.67%
  • Ksport control coilovers

2 16.67%
  • D2 Racing coilovers

4 33.33%
  • Something else (please suggest)

4 33.33%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Honda Accord VTI-S
    tell me why d2s over teins?

titan motorsport
    basic-$800US
    super street- $ 1000US

Deliverey incl. trusted company.

Up to you i spose.

Sean
    Gas up the Vtec for you tonight and baby you can go wherever you like.....

Bilstein or Tein

Member Array
    Car:
    94 accord H22a
    I've got Koni Yellow's and Eibach springs on my accord i'm very happy with them no complaints and handling has been greatly improved.
    Ruck Fules!

Official Chaingang Soldier

yer i want height adjustable tho Luke.. trying to keep everything legal on the car :P

Member Array
    Car:
    94 accord H22a
    Quote Originally Posted by -=Andy=- View Post
    yer i want height adjustable tho Luke.. trying to keep everything legal on the car :P
    There are clips on the shocks that you can you to adjust the height 2 on the front and 3 on the rear so they are a bit adjustable in height but not as much as the coilovers. Why wouldn't that setup be legal?
    Ruck Fules!

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Honda Accord VTI-S
    yeah few problems with koni yellows

firstly, the are height adjustable shocks.

Secondly, APPARENTLY they have discontinued making them for 94-97 honda accords, as said by some1 in this forum who got reds instead of yellows.

You wouldnt have a hard time trying to find koni yellows but they are very expensive.
    Trade price is like $700

I got quoted from wholesale suspension $950 for koni yellows, obviously u could prob find them somewhere for 800, or cheaper if ur sure u want them off ebay.

Then on top of that, you have to get springs.
    again, u can go cheap and go to ebay, or you can get some kings or kmacs for about ....aww $350-$400, or something cheaper off ebay.
    Plus, if you need them to be installed for you, that'll be another 100-250

So at the end of the day, koni yellows and springs (whatever u choose really) is a very good combination, however by the end of it you'd have spent as much as a decent set (teins) of coilovers.
    Up to you really, im not saying konis are crap, quite the opposite, however they are expensive, and if they're worth it then fair enough, however i have heard of many accord owners with teins, and nobody is complaining.

Sean

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Honda Accord VTI-S
    luke accord
    "Car: 94 accord type r"

huh?

Quote Originally Posted by FAT VTI View Post
    luke accord
    "Car: 94 accord type r"

huh?
    he has h22 transplant.

its what im working on atm myself except im battling if i should just get the full type R or mugen lip kit or Keep my buddyclub kit.

Member Array
    Car:
    cb3 Accord
    The koni's cost more because they are better shocks. Check out the shock dyno's on honda tech. As far as I know, all the cheaper ones like the D2's and ksports use the same bodies. But the internals and quality of parts aren't necessarily the same. I have had ksports for nearly 2 years now on my accord. I can't really recommend them though. I've had two shocks replaced under warranty. But apparently I'm the only one that has brought any back to this particular wholesaler in Brisbane. But who knows.

It's a real pain for accords. Not many options out there. The SS's seem to be fairly reliable, but they have fairly soft spring rates and not as much height adjustment as all the cheaper ones. If I was getting a set purely for street use I would probably get these though.

Another brand that people seem to like in the usa atm is F2 function form. But they always go crazy over new products for the first year because they look pretty. Then all the people with problems start surfacing.

Personally, I think I will try koni's and GC's again for my next set. But do your research and get the right spring rates for what you need and make sure the shocks are valved to match.

I'm on konis + H&R springs, cant complain. on softest damper, really nice and comfy, on medium to hard, stiff and sh1t and uncomforatble but handles amazing for a 4dr heavy car!

I have a mate who has D2s in his accord, pretty low, they work really well and certainly I think, are bang for your buck. If they had D2s for my accord, i would;ve gotten them, rather than spending stupid amounts of money on several sets of springs to obtain desired ride height (which still isnt right).

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Honda Accord VTI-S
    Quote Originally Posted by -=Andy=- View Post
    he has h22 transplant.

its what im working on atm myself except im battling if i should just get the full type R or mugen lip kit or Keep my buddyclub kit.

How does this make it a type r?

Member Array
    Car:
    94 accord H22a
    Quote Originally Posted by FAT VTI View Post
    How does this make it a type r?
    It just does.
    Ruck Fules!