Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ED Civic

Ej8 Power Window Problem

Hello, my driver side power window lately has stopped working it goes down ok but when going up it goes to about the top then just stops and makes a kinda banging noise trying to go up into the seals and it cant i need to use my hands to help it into the seals.
    I have pulled the trim of before to see if i can see the problem but i don't have any idea what I'm looking for. any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    friend had a similar problem with his passenger side.
    his one actually fell off the side rail and started going up on the side of the seal.

first thing to check for is if its sitting on the rail properly.
    check if anything is obstructing the window.
    lube the side window seals with rubber care or silicone spray and try it.

dont know what else to do with it..
    with my friends car i just loosened a rail bolt and let it travel freely.
    can never go down completely though, cause its gonna jump out again..
    his rails bent for some reason .. and the seals just pissed itself for some reason ..

well goodluck anyway =]

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    98 Coupe EJ8 Civic D16Y8
    i second that!

same prob with my 98 coupe, passenger side tho. ended up being the rail too.
    Do exactly as he said.

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ8
    hey, i had same problem with my driver window, at first thought it wasnt sitting right on the rail, that was fixed but now i got the same problem again. pulled it apart today and turns out a part on of the teeth on the motor has been shaved. pretty gay, gota go wreckers and buy another motor now.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ED Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by JDMTMY View Post
    hey, i had same problem with my driver window, at first thought it wasnt sitting right on the rail, that was fixed but now i got the same problem again. pulled it apart today and turns out a part on of the teeth on the motor has been shaved. pretty gay, gota go wreckers and buy another motor now.
    LOL i pulled mine apart and its the opposite some of the teeth on the regulator are worn away, i got one from honda, still have to put it in but.