Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question 8th gen door auto lock

hey guys, let me clarify firstly that i DONT want to know anything about car doors auto locking after a period of time without being opened and i DONT wanna be told to rtfm because i have and can't find the answer (though i have been known to be a bit retarded in the past when it comes to reading manuals :P)

what i do wanna know tho, is if the 8th gen aust civics have some way of auto-locking the doors either after the car is shifted out of park or when it reaches a certain speed. i found this website (it's a US civic forum)

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/do-yo...auto-open.html

and i tried it but i can't get it to work. can anyone else activate it or know of the answer im looking for? (or know if it's just not possible on our civics?)

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Quote Originally Posted by wilkie View Post
    hey guys, let me clarify firstly that i DONT want to know anything about car doors auto locking after a period of time without being opened and i DONT wanna be told to rtfm because i have and can't find the answer (though i have been known to be a bit retarded in the past when it comes to reading manuals :P)

what i do wanna know tho, is if the 8th gen aust civics have some way of auto-locking the doors either after the car is shifted out of park or when it reaches a certain speed. i found this website (it's a US civic forum)

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/do-yo...auto-open.html

and i tried it but i can't get it to work. can anyone else activate it or know of the answer im looking for? (or know if it's just not possible on our civics?)

thanks
    No, the AUDM Civic does not have it.

This sort of feature is usually market dependent because it's more "necessary" (or expected) in some areas. For example, whilst I'm not sure if it's on the Civic in Malaysia specifically, I do know that most cars there come with this feature standard due to the high number of carjackings- its standard on the Hyundai imports for example.
    FD1 & CZ4A Driver.

Nope, I left mine unlock the other day for 8 hrs on the side of a road!!! luckily nothing bad happens to it... Thank GOD!!!!

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Quote Originally Posted by JaCe View Post
    No, the AUDM Civic does not have it.

This sort of feature is usually market dependent because it's more "necessary" (or expected) in some areas. For example, whilst I'm not sure if it's on the Civic in Malaysia specifically, I do know that most cars there come with this feature standard due to the high number of carjackings- its standard on the Hyundai imports for example.
    ahh i thought that might be the case thanks for confirming

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    I admit it's a good feature but like I said above, it's probably not as essential here as it is in other countries. Would be nice if more cars featured it standard.
    FD1 & CZ4A Driver.

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 Civic VTI
    Yeah that is a handy feature, I had it on A Renault I hired once. When you hit 20km/h the doors locked.

i wonder if there is some aftermarket switch i can get to turn it on. dont know about pricing tho :S i went to alberts car stereo today and they guy wanted 450 to retrofit an ipod connector to my FD1!! my ipod wasnt even that much lol

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    i wonder if there is some aftermarket switch i can get to turn it on. dont know about pricing tho :S i went to alberts car stereo today and they guy wanted 450 to retrofit an ipod connector to my FD1!! my ipod wasnt even that much lol
    If you want proper iPod integration (i.e. can control iPod using HU/steering wheel controls) you can get something like the Dension Icelink (search on the Civic board for my thread about it). There's a few other brands available and yes the price is in the $250++ mark typically.

However I bought mine off eBay (can't remember the price- check the thread) and got it installed at Lifestyle. From memory all up it was <$200. Very worth it as I was sick of burning CDs everytime I had a new song I liked and wanted it to play first.
    FD1 & CZ4A Driver.

Quote Originally Posted by JaCe View Post
    If you want proper iPod integration (i.e. can control iPod using HU/steering wheel controls) you can get something like the Dension Icelink (search on the Civic board for my thread about it). There's a few other brands available and yes the price is in the $250++ mark typically.

However I bought mine off eBay (can't remember the price- check the thread) and got it installed at Lifestyle. From memory all up it was <$200. Very worth it as I was sick of burning CDs everytime I had a new song I liked and wanted it to play first.
    so you bought a dension icelink? off aust or US ebay? and is it a simple matter of having it connected up or will the installer need to manufacture something complicated? i have seen some icelinks on ebay and i think i saw ur thread a while ago.
    Last edited by wilkie; 22-01-2008 at 10:09 PM.

btw, related to topic... You can buy an aftermarket Alarm system which has 2nd battery, auto lock, auto close windows... my uncle install this new system on his Prado for $800 a few years back... cant remember the brand and price...

Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    btw, related to topic... You can buy an aftermarket Alarm system which has 2nd battery, auto lock, auto close windows... my uncle install this new system on his Prado for $800 a few years back... cant remember the brand and price...
    lol idno if i wanna pay $800 for my doors to auto lock!

lol idno if i wanna pay $800 for my doors to auto lock!
    what I mean is, the alarm system has all (a lot better than Civic OEM alarm). It close the opened windows whenever we turn the alarm on. and when someone diconnect the car battery to turn off the alarm, it still connected to a 2nd battery hidden under the bonnet. Oh, and the alarm (not the sirene) turn on automatically after a few second (30s ish?) after you turn off the engine and leave the car (it has movement sensor inside the car).