Hey Spoon, so what power is it pulling?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 GE8
    Quote Originally Posted by urxqsd View Post
    Hey Spoon, so what power is it pulling?
    133kw atw @ 8,000rpm & 208Nm torque @ 6,200rpm

Not too shabby for OEM Honda rebuild.
    Last edited by Spoon SiRG; 22-12-2013 at 07:24 AM.
    I SiR = Sport injection Racing

very nice, not sure if should do headwork on my B16a2 or just leave it and collect a heap of parts to build B18 from scratch,

What Intake and TB you running? got some cam and springs and crap coming along with edelbrock intake but not sure if guna put on, if i spend all the extra cash for bolt ons and headwork i figure a new bswap is in order, only issue is my b16 has 16xxx since rebuild so would be a waste to swap it out. thoughts?
    Last edited by urxqsd; 27-10-2013 at 09:54 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY00, 98' EK4
    How did the motor look when your tore it down??

My b18c2 seems to be using a lot of oil too..although I did a comp test n got good consistent numbers accross all cylinders. Wondering if my motor is starting to die on me..but like yours still pulls hard.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 GE8
    Quote Originally Posted by urxqsd View Post
    very nice, not sure if should do headwork on my B16a2 or just leave it and collect a heap of parts to build B18 from scratch,

What Intake and TB you running? got some cam and springs and crap coming along with edelbrock intake but not sure if guna put on, if i spend all the extra cash for bolt ons and headwork i figure a new bswap is in order, only issue is my b16 has 16xxx since rebuild so would be a waste to swap it out. thoughts?
    Depends on what you're after, B16A has the ability to produce more power on higher revs, just doesn't make the low end torque a B18C makes. I'm using an OEM 62mm ITR Throttle Body w a Skunk2 IM. Yeah you can swap in some other cams & valvesprings in your freshly rebuilt B16A to make more power.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 GE8
    Quote Originally Posted by vti_ek9 View Post
    How did the motor look when your tore it down??

My b18c2 seems to be using a lot of oil too..although I did a comp test n got good consistent numbers accross all cylinders. Wondering if my motor is starting to die on me..but like yours still pulls hard.
    Overall the engine internals were good for a 133t km engine, with the exception of the 4th Connecting Rod Bearing which was badly scored. Oil consumption can come from the following areas:

1. Gasket/ Seal Leaks
    2. Worn Valve Stem Seals
    3. Piston Rings
    Last edited by Spoon SiRG; 22-12-2013 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon SiRG View Post
    133kw atw & 208nm torque.
    Not bad. What else did you change in your build that isn't stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon SiRG View Post
    Depends on what you're after, B16A has the ability to produce more power on higher revs, just doesn't make the low end torque a B18C makes. I'm using an OEM 62mm ITR Throttle Body w a Skunk2 IM. Yeah you can swap in some other cams & valvesprings in your freshly rebuilt B16A to make more power.
    Main reason for car is to have fun on the track, just want that little bit extra poke when i need it. looking at final drive aswell at the moment. it allegedly has CTR pistons in it all ready, was rebuild when i bough it, very clean motor.

guess its guna be trial and error for now till i find the balance i like..

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 GE8
    Quote Originally Posted by rc_ View Post
    Not bad. What else did you change in your build that isn't stock?
    Just the usual bolt-on's: Mugen Intake, Skunk2 IM, Z-Speed Camgears, DC Sports JDM 4-1 Header (2.5 Inch Version), Spoon Street Muffler to shut it up, Tuned via Apexi Power FC ECU

Everything else is OEM Honda.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY00, 98' EK4
    Damn that's good numbers for such minimal mods. Who did the rebuild? Motor must be nice n tight..

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 GE8
    Quote Originally Posted by vti_ek9 View Post
    Damn that's good numbers for such minimal mods. Who did the rebuild? Motor must be nice n tight..
    Had a bit of help from an ex-Honda master technician

Yes it is crucial to check & measure clearances/ tolerances when assembling an engine to ensure it lasts & makes power.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord
    I have 2 sets of SL valves springs here now Mr
    The life of a 4 stroke engine
    It sucks it squeezes it bangs it blows