Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

dc2r wheels looking funny!

Hey guys, i have a jdc2r and was just wondering why my front tyres look a lil weird. The gaps between the tyre and the body is not equal. Could someone tell me if this is normal or if its just stuffed up..
    Any info i would much appreciate

Here is a photo of it
    Close up
    http://img251.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0395zj3.jpg.

Abit further away =)

http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ontjpegen7.jpg

Cheers Guys[/SIZE]
    Last edited by dslt; 24-01-2008 at 06:28 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    umm thats not a dc2r?
    How did you come to that conclusion?

Its nothing to worry about, unless your car feels like shit but if that was messed up, I seriously doubt you would be able to drive it, at all.

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    It's a JDM 96 spec, it depends on your castor settings.

Quote Originally Posted by T-onedc2 View Post
    It's a JDM 96 spec, it depends on your castor settings.
    Hey can i adjust the castor settings by any chance? lolz
    The reason why i posted this was because i wanna get some coilovers but if i was to lower it the inner part will touch the guards underneath =(

Member Array
    Car:
    Garden snail
    Quote Originally Posted by sretocz View Post
    How did you come to that conclusion?

Its nothing to worry about, unless your car feels like shit but if that was messed up, I seriously doubt you would be able to drive it, at all.
    my bad didnt think neone saw it
    figured cos stud pattern was 4 something it wasnt a type r
    but forgot the pre 98 jdm type rs are 4x 114.3

unless im wrong again
    *sigh*

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    not with stock control arms, and if it scrubs that easily then something may be wrong. I haven't actually paid that much attention to what mine looks like either.

i had that at one stage but i hit a gutter and had bent my lower control arm

looks like you have less castor than stock. Looks to be due to accident damage , your control arm/s might be bent or excessively worn bushes.

You can get a castor kit to bring the tyres forward and thus increase handling and turn in ~ Get the car on a hoist and get a pro to measure the distances between wheels/control arms etc and see how out it is.
    Also try a frontal wheel alignment.
    Does the car handle OK ?>

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM DC2-R
    mines closer to the back like that buts its not as noticable.

ive got Zeal Function Xs coilover set quite low and they dont scrub at all

Quote Originally Posted by stanleym View Post
    i had that at one stage but i hit a gutter and had bent my lower control arm
    How did u end up fixing it?

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    looks like you have less castor than stock. Looks to be due to accident damage , your control arm/s might be bent or excessively worn bushes.

You can get a castor kit to bring the tyres forward and thus increase handling and turn in ~ Get the car on a hoist and get a pro to measure the distances between wheels/control arms etc and see how out it is.
    Also try a frontal wheel alignment.
    Does the car handle OK ?>
    +

Nah the car feels like it understeers fairly bad. Especially in tite corners would ve expected it to be better. On the top of ur head do uno what needs replacing by any chance?

not good, the car should be handling quite well. Did you purchase the car recently ? IT appears to be in a previous accident and not repaired (properly)

I would guess the lower control arm/s would nee replacement , plus anything else in the wheel arch that might be bent. Could be expensive for you -