Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan B16a2
    Quote Originally Posted by SeverAMV View Post
    ahhh, almost forgot you have a b series motor. my d series should make that much power at the wheels once i get the ignition timing tuned and the new carbs fitted, hehe.
    How much fuel you reckon you'll use with those quad carbs to make the same power as the b series? Hate to have your fuel bill and make the same power as a stock as a rock b series... 7 degrees seems way extreme for only lowering 1 inch from stock, ive lowered a heap of cars including a crx with the same chassis as our sedans and never seen 7 degrees - camber, some pics would be nice
    Last edited by sik-vic; 07-03-2008 at 05:55 PM.

Member Array
    Behind the wheel of my car, cruising the hills of adelaide
    Car:
    ED6 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by sik-vic View Post
    How much fuel you reckon you'll use with those quad carbs to make the same power as the b series? Hate to have your fuel bill and make the same power as a stock as a rock b series... 7 degrees seems way extreme for only lowering 1 inch from stock, ive lowered a heap of cars including a crx with the same chassis as our sedans and never seen 7 degrees - camber, some pics would be nice
    lol, you read wrong, i said i should be making that power (125kw) at the wheels, which means it will be better than a b series, but when i add up the costs, i shouldve just bought a better car, like an sw20 mr2 or something, because it sure as hell wasnt worth it. the whole engine build only cost around 3-4k to make more power and more response than a b series by using a d series, but there are much better cars out there that make the same power from factory.

fuel bill wont be too bad. altho theyre racing versions of the carbs used by ferrari, fuel consumption isnt gonna be bad once its all fitted and tuned. should use about the same amount of fuel as b-series, or maybe a 2.0L motor, but the response will be nice. it should improve my already-wide powerband.
    Current Performance Modifications to ED6:
    not telling, but it involves a semi-quad carb setup, and lots and lots of compression.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan B16a2
    Quote Originally Posted by SeverAMV View Post
    lol, you read wrong, i said i should be making that power (125kw) at the wheels, which means it will be better than a b series, but when i add up the costs, i shouldve just bought a better car, like an sw20 mr2 or something, because it sure as hell wasnt worth it. the whole engine build only cost around 3-4k to make more power and more response than a b series by using a d series, but there are much better cars out there that make the same power from factory.

fuel bill wont be too bad. altho theyre racing versions of the carbs used by ferrari, fuel consumption isnt gonna be bad once its all fitted and tuned. should use about the same amount of fuel as b-series, or maybe a 2.0L motor, but the response will be nice. it should improve my already-wide powerband.
    So you r saying you are going from 72kw at the flywheel to 125kw at the wheels??? spending 3-4k?? out of a d15b?? thats more than a 100% increase from stock, i dont think fuel and reliability/longevity will be all that good... each to their own...

Member Array
    Car:
    ED6 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by sik-vic View Post
    So you r saying you are going from 72kw at the flywheel to 125kw at the wheels??? spending 3-4k?? out of a d15b?? thats more than a 100% increase from stock, i dont think fuel and reliability/longevity will be all that good... each to their own...
    its suprisingly good, aside from having trouble finding a good d-series clutch. i had the whole engine rebuilt, head worked, block honed a little as well as a blockguard, pistons are p29 as part of the fjt all motor superkit, which conveniently included a 0.030" 3 layer metal head gasket so its fairly stable and running a compression ratio of around 11-12:1 with a little head milling. lumpy cams plus quad carbs helps with the rest of the power. another major problem is that my car isnt really designed to put that much power to the floor (from factory) so i may need an lsd to make it run faster.

it takes a fair bit of work to make a d series beat a b series, but then again, most people spend more just doing a b series conversion.
    not telling, but it involves a semi-quad carb setup, and lots and lots of compression.

hey sorry to ask.. do u guys find hard to turn in low speed seems like ur steering wheel is pulling or sth lol , or just me ?? coz mine have no P/S i can feel every single bit of action....

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    hey sorry to ask.. do u guys find hard to turn in low speed seems like ur steering wheel is pulling or sth lol , or just me ?? coz mine have no P/S i can feel every single bit of action....

normal side effect from removing p/steer.
    OMG!!! VTEC JUST KICKED IN YO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mclovin View Post

normal side effect from removing p/steer.

sorry my car came factoury without P/S and when i had my old carby engine it didn't have this problem ... but yeh ... sall good just wanna ask

Member Array
    Car:
    ED6 Civic
    mine has power steering, but i wish my car would wanna pull straight, not enough castor with the coilovers, so my car wants to corner! have you wheel alignment checked, could be irregular toe or castor.
    Last edited by SeverAMV; 19-03-2008 at 04:49 PM.

hey buddy, i call on you for help like i promised earlier!!
    Just wondering if i would have to change my fuel lines on the ED carbie hatch to the crx EFi lines?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan B16a2
    Most of the line is metal mate, only have to change over to efi line from the tank to the pump if you go external, then pump to a metal line which runs all the way along the chassis into the engine bay, then efi line to the fuel rail, return line to carbon cannister, cannister to another metal line back to the tank.

hey dude, i need your knowledge again. i have searched but i can't find anything that i needed coz all D to B-series mounts

im putting a D16A8 from 88 CRX into a 88 civic with a D15B, i was just wondering is it the same engine mounts?
    Are all D-series mounts universal to all D-series motors?
    i'll be getting new OEM ones for cheap but i have to be 100% sure they are the right ones coz i can't return them.
    Cheers man

Member Array
    Car:
    ED6 Civic
    if you have the d16a8 on you, check the mounting locations and compare it with the factory mounts. as far as i know, pretty much all d series mounts should be the same.

oh and i recommend getting rubber mounts, or hard rubber at best. polyurethane will rattle too much and wear down the chassis too quickly.