Thread: Radio Annoyance

Question Radio Annoyance

I have a 2007 Accord Euro. Unlike my previous car (Holden Vectra) I find I cannot turn the radio on without having the ignition wholly or partly turned on.
    If I do have the ignition half on, I cannot open the car door without being continually "bipped" at.
    Is there a way around these problems?:

Member Array
    Car:
    96 Integra
    When head unit is wired up, instead of running power through the ignition, have a direct source from the battery (with a fuse of course).

If it is the OEM version, might have to put up with it until you change head-units or re-wire.

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    ... i dont get evrything..

you cant turn on radio on without accesory and/or ignition on.
    they do that so the car can go to sleep mode. and lower the ampere drain rate.

and euro beeps cause you dont have the key in ignition.
    or you just have ignition on and it beeps wen all reds go on.

..and how can you have ignition half on? .. its either off acc ign or start.

lol im getting confused -.-"

oh .. and if the vectra can have the radio turn on with off in the key position. then .. lol

and .. the beeping .. isnt a problem.. so theres no way around it...
    oo i know .. close your door and sit in your car without putting the key in.
    lock it via remote .. and unlock it from the inside.
    listen to the musical notes of your alarm.

=]

i still dont get it =]

By half on, I do mean the 'acc' position.

i think the beep is just so you know some of your accessories still on, there for you turn it off before you leave your car and it dont drain your battery?

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    lol right so evrything kinda makes sense now.

anyway..
    radio isnt supposed to turn on with ignition turned to off position. as i said thats so the car can go to sleep.
    all i know is that euro starts to beep wen you put in the key in .. at off position. and the spedo lights go on.
    acc, a/c should turn on (if you left it on when you turned it off) same with radio etc etc.
    thats when the beeping stops..
    then theres ignition on, when you see all your reds come on.
    that beeps too (i think) but it isnt as quick as the first time. its just constant slow paced beep telling you your ignition is on.
    then you start your car..

those beeps arent there just for fun.
    i know in my eg, theres a "rotary like" beep (by that i mean, the beep a rotary car makes when its passed shift point.. very well known to pi ss people off...) when i have my lights on with ignition off and open the door. :/

believe me, beeps arent annoying until youve experienced a flat battery because of no warnings.

and as i said before.. its not a problem.. its a solution.

=]