Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

2008 Honda Civic - any different?

Hi all

Will the 2008 Civic be any different from the current 2007 model?

Dealer says no, but who can trust dealers. All they said was that the new 2008s are exactly the same except for the introduction of a new colour, some light goldish colour.

Thanks

there are no differences whatsoever. not sure about the new colour, but ino they are deleting that purple colour.

I spoke to an alarm fitter and they said the 2008 one now comes with a CAN system, whatever that is hahaha

comes with vsa-traction control i read somewhere in this forum.

never even heard of CAN and i think the alarm fitter is tugging it a bit lol, and there is NO damn VSA on the 2008 civic, at least not on the vti and vti-L, there has been VSA on the 2007 civic sport so no change there for 2008.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport
    All pics of 07 Civic Sport I have seen have a hole next to the steering wheel where 'VSA OFF' button should be located. They DON'T have VSA...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 VTI-R, FD1
    just recently bought a fd1

the dealer said the 2008 model's are exactly the same thing except the addition of the new champagne colour similar to the ones on Toyota Camry Altise/Sportivo's. I have seen it on the new civic driven out of Larke Hoskins Rosebery and it wouldn't be a colour for younger drivers. Also, the misty violet no longer in production.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport
    My salesman told me he was very surprised to see "VSA Off" button on 08 civic sport.

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    yeah VSA standard on sport and hybrid (lol)

ruby red gone

satellite mist in!
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

I liked the look of the misty violet... not my kinda color... but would have suited my wife quite nicely.

Lol @ VSA on hybrid.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Don't forget that VSA is standard on the Asian spec models, and what you see in pictures may not be reflective of the AUDM Civic!
    FD1 & CZ4A Driver.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 civic sport
    remote trunk?