Member Array
    Car:
    B16A EG Civic

Vtec Pressure Switch

Just started my car up just before and it sounded a little different to normal. Kind of like it was struggling a little bit. Shortly after the engine light came on. I checked the code and it says its the vtec pressure switch. I checked my oil about 2 days ago and it was fine. I'll check and top up the oil again tomorrow if needed but i thought the VTP would only throw the code once it tried to engage vtec and it isnt able to, not while idling. Does it sound like a low pressure problem since it happens at idle?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    VTP will throw a fault code if its faulty weather your car is driving or not.

the ECU will only detect the VTP when VTEC is not engaged,

see the bellow link for diagnosis of the VTP

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69220

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    change the switch?

Member Array
    Car:
    B16A EG Civic
    The oil level was fine. I'm just gonna get my hands on a multimeter so i can check the switch. The thing that bothered me the most was the way the engine sounded after turning over. It sounded like it wasnt getting enough of a spark or something. Like it was struggling to maintain idle revs. I checked the dizzy though and it's fine

Member Array
    Car:
    B16A EG Civic
    update: I tested it without turning the engine over (just electrics on) and the CEL came on. I take it it's an electrical prob then?

Member Array
    Car:
    B16A EG Civic
    Ok i think i may have solved the problem. I had a look at the ecu and the wire coming out of the c6 pin wasnt connected to anything... Hooked it up to where it looked like it had come away from and no engine light so far. Just waiting for the rain to piss off and i'll solder it back on and take it for a test drive to see if it was the problem.

Dunno why, but that other wire is spliced in to the c6 wire and thats where the break has occured. Dont have a vtec controller so dunno if that was what it was meant to be for.
    Sorry bout the pic quality too. Did it on my camera phone while half hanging out of the car in the rain :P
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	problem.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	179.5 KB 
ID:	7714  
    Last edited by 02gzm; 29-01-2008 at 03:28 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    probably had a vafc installed somewhere along the line
    solder it back up and hope its just that