Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rear Brake Pads

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro Luxury

Rear Brake Pads

hi guys. time has come for me to change my rear pads. i have called numerous stores like repco, burson etc and they have told me they dont stock rear brake pads for the euro, they only stock the fronts. does anyone know where i could find pads from and a good brand to look for? i dont want to pay $165 for oem pads. i was considering BENDIX CT pads? what are the suggestions for replacement pads? thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmsxc View Post
    hi guys. time has come for me to change my rear pads. i have called numerous stores like repco, burson etc and they have told me they dont stock rear brake pads for the euro, they only stock the fronts. does anyone know where i could find pads from and a good brand to look for? i dont want to pay $165 for oem pads. i was considering BENDIX CT pads? what are the suggestions for replacement pads? thanks.
    Stick with OEM.Don't think you'll get anything better at a cheaper price.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmsxc View Post
    bendix dont make pads for the euro...

i purchased the ones that their website says fit the euro 2.4... but the do not fit! luckily repco let me refund them i had to buy the hawk pads... the are sexy, and not too expensive (USD$55 for rear pair)... get them from here:
    http://www.tsxparts.com/index.php?cPath=21_28

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by EUR003act View Post
    You can get Axxis Ultimates for the TSX which are rebadged Bendix Ultimates- made in Australia but just not sold here.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro Luxury
    how could are the hawks?

Member Array
    Car:
    MY09 Euro/MY05 Jazz VTIS
    Bendix DO make rear pads for the Euro, they are not listed in the book but my local Autobarn store rang Bendix & got the number of the pads, fitted them last weekend, work just fine & cost $60.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03 Accord Euro [5AT]
    same here... i got bendix pads from mekong autos down at canley vale

initially i was given the wrong brake pads that didn't fit but a quick call to bendix and a exchange sorted it all out

i can't remember which version i got but i think i got the general CT one

are you planning to get it installed by a mechanic or diy? i'm thinking of doing it diy the next time the brake calls it a day

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2012 satnav lux
    Whats the bendix part number

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro Luxury
    bloody hell. i just paid $120 for my pads from honda. could someone give us a part number so we can keep it in reference?

Member Array
    Car:
    MY09 Euro/MY05 Jazz VTIS
    I think the box went out in the garbage the other day, but I will try & get the part # & post it up. Took me 30 mins to fit myself the other Saturday , but I have done it before.

EuroTony

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03 Accord Euro [5AT]
    i still kept the box despite getting it replaced 3 years ago =p

turns out i got Bendix Advance (DB1393 AD) for the rear pads

just double check it with the boys at Bendix, I'm sure that some of the auto shops might not have the latest product books to cater for the recent models

hope that helps... Eurotony, was it hard getting the brake pads installed? i haven't done it before but if you can run us through it that'll be awesome, cheers!
    Last edited by fraqqie; 01-02-2008 at 11:11 AM. Reason: couldn't spell

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '04 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by EUR003act View Post

i purchased the ones that their website says fit the euro 2.4... but the do not fit! luckily repco let me refund them i had to buy the hawk pads... the are sexy, and not too expensive (USD$55 for rear pair)... get them from here:
    http://www.tsxparts.com/index.php?cPath=21_28
    I checked out thier site, delivery is like 3x the price ........are the pads worth it??