Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Just do it, long highway trips arnt as bad for your car as stop start crap around town

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic 7th
    i did a trip from brisbane to melbourne return, over 3500 kms round trip and Chloe (my civic) loved it!

i drove my crx up from canberra when i bought it.

It loved the drive.

They're made for it so why not??

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2
    I used to own a Civic sedan and I drove it twice to queensland and luckyly i never had a stone chip on my paint, now I heard that the new civic have a soft paint including FNR ( most owner said its the worst ).. Is the paint protection from the dealer or maybe after market can actually give you some kind of protection???

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    I used to own a Civic sedan and I drove it twice to queensland and luckyly i never had a stone chip on my paint, now I heard that the new civic have a soft paint including FNR ( most owner said its the worst ).. Is the paint protection from the dealer or maybe after market can actually give you some kind of protection???
    I don't get it. My paint on the doors can outdo the paint on the poles in a parking lot; yet it still gets stone chips on the highway. ><
    FD1 & CZ4A Driver.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Rice Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    I don't think its so much the paint quality of the 8th gen civics. i think its the colour of your car. most people would disagree. but i think lighter colours are more harder for scratches and marks to be visible even in close-up. darker colours however are so easy to be scratched. colours like Red, Blue, Green, Yellow and especially Black. Silver and White paint in IMO are almost scratch-proof paints.
    Last edited by Mingy; 06-02-2008 at 01:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by minix33 View Post
    for xmas the bf asked if i wanted a branded hand bag like gucci or LV.
    i told him to get me swaybars.
    ----
    Spec R

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mingy View Post
    I don't think its so much the paint quality of the 8th gen civics. i think its the colour of your car. most people would disagree. but i think lighter colours are more harder for scratches and marks to be visible even in close-up. darker colours however are so easy to be scratched. colours like Red, Blue, Green, Yellow and especially Black. Silver and White paint in IMO are almost scratch-proof paints.
    My FD1 is nighthawk black so I think that defies your theory. It still bewilders both me and my friends/family- whenever I scratch something whether it be a pole in the parking lot, or a pillar in a parking lot (notice a trend?), I can always scratch the other colour off... sure you can tell the difference if you look carefully and shine a bright light on it (it appears a bit duller than the rest of the car), but ultimately, you can't see it. Is this because it's black underneath so that even if I scrape away the top layer of black, it's underlying colour is black too? *shrugs*
    FD1 & CZ4A Driver.

^ I for one am surprised you drive into poles in parking lots!! I take it you not the bestest parker. Such a nice car too!

You are prolly only scratching some of the clear coat off.. so you lose the shine.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2007 Civic VTi
    It should be fine, my Civic's done the Melb to Syd, Syd to Melb thing a few months after getting my first service. Also did a Melb to Wagga, Wagga to Melb a few months after getting the car.

If you're that worried about scratches etc, get one of those "car bra" things.

Member Array
    Car:
    Cheapest Civic 06, E90
    got couple stone chips on my bonnet.. and I only do inner city driving.. darn.. might have to wait for the CF bonnet... :P

cf bonnet for sale on ebay atm.. so tempted.. but 1.1k.. starting bid.. =(
    someone keyd my front bonnet.. ><..

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Quote Originally Posted by markCivicVti View Post
    ^ I for one am surprised you drive into poles in parking lots!! I take it you not the bestest parker. Such a nice car too!

You are prolly only scratching some of the clear coat off.. so you lose the shine.
    LOL once you've hit one pole, even if it causes very minor damage, it's enough to make you change the way you drive/park. I became much more careful afterwards...

.. and for the record, I did that on my 2nd wk on Red P's ><
    FD1 & CZ4A Driver.