Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

New Mitsubishi Lancer and Honda Civic FD

Hey guys i found out that the new lancers have almost the same price range as Civic FDs and i think their specs are better. 2.0L Mivec, knee airbags, active stability and traction control etc. And the VRX model has 18 inch alloy and its only 28,990 rrp. I think mitsubishi is trying to compete with honda but they have the upperhand with the specs. the interior is awesome. was trying to convince my friend to get a civic but after he saw the new lancer he wants to get it so badly haha.

New lancer is ok... the front looks good... but the rear looks like a big fat arse.

me not like the lancer interior... -_-"

me like civic interior FTW

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I'd say get your friend to test drive both and see which one he likes better. I'm partial to the Lancer. hehe.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 FD1
    Took a test drive last November ( also tried the new Subaru hatch) but didn't like very much. Argeed abt the back end of the new Lancer, ugly is the word . Apart from the VSC, the new Civic is much better car imho.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Yea for some reason the lancer is starting to take my vote even tho i own a civic lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2006
    New lancer specs are much better, at the end of the day ill go for the one who is faster, im guessing our civics.

Member Array
    Car:
    Skoda Octavia RS serious!
    new lancer has 113kW so im guessing that their pretty close

lancer - better than civic sport sorry! the auto has 6-speeds (in manual mode) and paddle shifters. the rear end aint ugly!
    the lancer is a very big improvement over the last one!

What does the closure of the Adelaide plant that only manufactures the local Mitsubishi 380 got anything to do with the Japanese imported Lancer?
    Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD MYO7
    even mitsubishi lancer's spec is better.. , Civic fd has a better design..and i beleive that quality and brand recognition for Honda better than Mitsubishi.. like SONY LCDand samsung LCD .. most of sony lcd will more expensive compare to samsung Lcd coz brand and quality recognition , this just my opinion anyway ..

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    When the Lancer specs came out I was amazed at how great they are and thought they would blow everything else out of the market... until I went and sat in one and drove it.

Especially in the lower specced cars (i.e. not the VRX), it's really not very impressive. The transmission is supposed to be amazing at maximising the performance of the engine, yet the car still felt sluggish. If anything, it made me feel like I was driving one of those old school "floaty" Holden family sedans. Then you realise the interior is really crap- especially things like the stability control button (kudos for including stability control though).

Anyhow, without going into a long winded pointless argument, what sounds good on paper, doesn't always translate into a good car. And then not everyone has the same ideals as to what a good car entails.
    FD1 & CZ4A Driver.