Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Header

Snap Happy! Array
    Car:
    ER34
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin
    also...wouldnt an increased diameter in piping , especially around the o2 bung/s...decrease the sensor reading, and thus increase the fuel /air ratio used in combustion THUS increasing fuel economy ? *need proper advice here Dave or Phil etc...*

I guess what i am saying is...since its not stock...then ofcourse it will be affected...

probably the most "fuel efficient" engine is one with a 1inch pee shooter....or just to not turn it over at all hehehe
    O2 sensors are generally used in closed loop mode.
    It senses how much oxygen is in the exhaust gases, not how much exhaust gas is passing through so the pipe diameter doesn't affect the reading.
    ClubITR.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by TODA AU View Post
    Header can contribute to saving you lots fuel if your car is tuned to suit the header...
    With no tuning, little is to be gained with a MAP sensored engine management systems.
    sorry for the massive thread revival... thought it might be better than making a new thread.

I was reading the hondata website : http://www.hondata.com/reflash_05rsx.html

in relation to running a header on a k20 motor it says:

"If you have a race header you will run lean. This is not a result of the Hondata reflash. Even the stock ECU will run lean with a race header. If you intend to run race headers we recommend you upgrade to a Hondata K-Pro for the 05 RSX."

does anyone know how lean? and how bad it actually is? and like Adrian said, is it not really worth running a header without tunning? (though i know a lot of people do do it)

what about a aftermarket header in jazz??