Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    Quote Originally Posted by Weq View Post
    I think you may be getting confused with a defective manifold. Every single manifold made for a US car will work on an AUS spec car. If u have every seen a fabricator create a manifold, you would understand why (hint: they use a dummy engine on a stand).

Try not to scare people into not using American parts. They are the cheapest and best quality you will get anywhere. Yeh im a little biased, ut i think they have rightly gained recognistion as the best honda tuners in the world. bar none.

I've seen dozens of turbo manifolds, my friend builds pretty good manifolds, there are quite a few people on OH with them making great power. (i'm sure most of you know who he is )
    He's also told me of the number of idiots who walk in with an ebay manifold and ended up having to build them a new manifold.

Just another note he uses steam-piping on all his manifolds
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbo View Post
    This is what i meant, where some manifold have the turbo bolting will be tilted towards the engine on the left. When you mount a turbo with our RHS drivers, you cannot mount the turbo as the front housing hits the entire engine. Doesn't matter how much webbing you cut your won't be able to fit it.

The only other way is to mount it the way they have and then you will run into other issues like A/C and dump pipe clearnaces.

Like i said be careful.

the US are good at hondas, no doubt, but there are also more con artists in the states.
    Tell me what the difference is in that area the turbo sits from US to AU?
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    Look at the above pic. For some reason they can manage to put the turbo setup with the intake side on the right and the dump side on the left.
    WHen putting mine together i thought of that but it would never have worked, as i had no-where near enough space for anything.

Now with their engines mounted on the opposite, i'm assuming here they can mount it that way. Not 100% sure. COuld just be some cheap copy where they got the turbo bolting turned wrong in manufacture and did think about it (seen this with exhaust manifolds its pretty funny, except if you buy one).

In these manifolds the way they angle the turbo mount you can only have the intake of the turbo on the right, as the turbo is larger on intake than exhaust side. If you don't beleive me you can try for yourself.

IN alot of the good setupd i've seen from the states they do make them properly with the turbo mount, left side out more than the right side, giving clearance for the intake of the turbo to sit.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Na its the same.

The reasons for mounting the turbo is because.

Talking in RHD cars.

The compressor is on the passenger side if you have got rid of AC. This way the down pipe has better access directly to the recess of the sump. Sure theres not much room for a filter, but this is the usual way if you don't have AC.

The compressor is on the driver side if you want to retain AC. This way the down pipe can just fit in between turbo and the AC compressor. The exhaust pipe then has to squiggle down to the recess under the sump. The turbo flange on this option is angled out a bit so the compressor housing does not clash with the block webbing. You may have to shave some. If you have a larger turbo it will clash with the engine stamp block. This is the problem I had.

My car is set up retaining the AC as initially I was going to keep it, but since got rid of it.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    yeah i know about the webbing i had to cut it myself also to fit the turbo, but these manifold are pretty bad, you wouldn't be able to fit a T28 in.

I know cos i saw one customer come in and they did a dummy fit.
    Ended up getting a custom one instead

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    ENd of the day like you said if you rip everything out you might be able to.

You could even run a spacer if you wanted get a biger turbo in but it stuffs around with your setup and just causes more headaches than you would want when building your turbo.

You have enough issues without having to worry about clearnaces

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    lmao, there's no difference what so ever in the space provided for your turbo setup being RHD or LHD. It's EXACTLY the same.
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Limbo; the reason you are having trouble fitting a turbo there is because you are using a turbo that is bigger/different dimensions then the manifold was designed for. Espically with A/C saving manifolds, u will find only a small range or turbos are suitable for the application. Even going from say a garret T3 to a chinese T3 will result in the turbo being located in a differnt position. Casting its diffferent. Even with a GT30, u can have two different front-cover options which can mean the difference between a turbo fitting, and a turbo hitting the block.

I assure you, the LHD/RHD has NOTHING to do with your problem. Seriously. Please stop talking about this, you are giving the n00bs scarey feelings in there stomach.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    ^ correct, ill be starting my build soon, using a full race topmount dual wg setup, i suggest you look at a afi or peakboost kit since your budget may not afford a full race kit. Get some nice cp pistons, decent rods a mild pnp, springs, retainers, valves and you have a killer setup. id budget 15k for this tho.

If you want more power you will need some sleeves to stay safe. Id suggest you also pick your turbo kit last and talk with your tuner to see what he recommends and have a chat of whats do able and where you want to go. Id sort out your internals first and pick the kit last as this is the easiest thing to do and pick a turbo that will suit your build, dont buy a turbo and try build something around it as you will be limited and in the end it may not reach your goals.

US kits have nothing wrong with them, i'm sure they will shit on everything here 99% of the time. Suss out some builds on Honda-tech.com and save your cash.

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by EGB18CT View Post
    ^ correct, ill be starting my build soon, using a full race topmount dual wg setup, i suggest you look at a afi or peakboost kit since your budget may not afford a full race kit. Get some nice cp pistons, decent rods a mild pnp, springs, retainers, valves and you have a killer setup. id budget 15k for this tho.

If you want more power you will need some sleeves to stay safe. Id suggest you also pick your turbo kit last and talk with your tuner to see what he recommends and have a chat of whats do able and where you want to go. Id sort out your internals first and pick the kit last as this is the easiest thing to do and pick a turbo that will suit your build, dont buy a turbo and try build something around it as you will be limited and in the end it may not reach your goals.

US kits have nothing wrong with them, i'm sure they will shit on everything here 99% of the time. Suss out some builds on Honda-tech.com and save your cash.
    Good information, accept i would defaintly build an engine with a turbo in mind. Actually a power goal in mind, which implicitly means a turbo as well. My other recommendation is sleeves sleeves sleeves. Espically on d-series. Otherwise you will defaintly learn to replace a headgasket in a few hours.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 - Fastest F
    im sure 90POV is selling his setup... haha.. he bought my FD RX7... sell out!!!
    haha.. message him is car does 290kw