Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Js Racing Time Attack DC5
    You've gotta spend ALOT of money to get the car there. I'd prefer to buy an EG and drop a K20 into it with a tight suspension setup purely for track use....

That gives me an idea. No, wait. Finish project #1 first.

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Phat999 View Post
    Hey all over the next year i am looking to build a pretty quick civic
    My power goal is somewhere between 300-400HP at the wheels.
    Turbo wise i was leaning towards a GT30R to run the power comfortably but am finding it hard to get my info on how to go about it.
    So thought that i would try my luck here as to what everyone thinks i'll need to run this set-up on a daily driven street car. Everything from internals, fuel system and driveline and where the best places are to go.
    Thanks
    It's pretty easy to get what you want & with a good LSD & semi's a turbo B16A done right makes for a lethal cuircut weapon.
    If you were in Sydney, I could organise for you to get a ride in one in a CRX.
    It's a track car with 290kw @ wheels (18psi) - still registered.
    Low boost (10psi) 210kw
    This car uses a reliable setup that has been running for approx 6~7years without issue & still going strong.
    NB: This is a car that sees the track regularly.

Set-up is as follows:
    B16A engine + cable box in AUDM CRX (EF8)
    Ported head + cams/Springs/retainers/cam pulleys/timing belt.
    Type R intake manifold & throttle. Baffled sump & breather kit
    Forged pistons & rods, Heavy duty oil pump gear, TODA 4.1kg LW flywheel, RPS Turbo clutch (from USA), Cusco LSD, JDM CRX SiR Box - std ratios,
    OEM Bearings gaskets & seals, HKS cast exhaust manifold, Garrett(HKS) GT3037S 56T core in T28 housings 0.89 A/R turbine housing.
    3" exhaust system incl high flow cat, wastegate is integral & plumbs back into exhaust (no screamer)
    Oil cooler, low temp thermostat, low temp fan switch, larger radiator.
    70mm intercooler piping with custom tube & fin intercooler.
    044 fuel pump (in tank) / Adj fuel reg / 750cc injectors
    Microtech ECU + external coil & CDI
    Willwood 4 pot front brakes, Tein HA sus + Noltech bushes, Dunlop D01J tyres on OEM EK4 rims.

Power band is 3500rpm to 9000rpm (9500rpm rev limit)
    Torque is flat from 4500rpm to 8500rpm (6000N tractive effort 4th gear)

It does have minor issues with traction in 2nd gear until the tyres warm.
    Tuning can be tricky for some... Ignition timing is critical...
    Too little = No power, Too much = broken engine
    Best mixtures on pump fuel: 11.2 @ 18psi
    More power with same engine by simply changing turbocharger & exhaust manifold.
    It has been to the drags once & ran 12.4 @ 128mph (60ft was pretty bad though - 2.4sec)
    PM me if you need more details.
    Cheers

Adrian
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

pm 90-pov his got a turbo setup with the power of wat u aiming for. ran a 12.1 on street tyres on a rainy track at jamberoo.
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73767
    heres a link
    JDMYard Eg civic lsvtec 1.04:1 WAKEFIELD PARK
    Bel Garage Dc2r/Neptune ecu
    SUPERLAP 2010 clubsprint FF na winner
    1.54.81 street tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    boosted dc2...
    why do people always over rate how hard it is to do?
    as dean said, pistons, rods and a decent branded turbo.... and keep the b16a....

just build it right, use quality parts and tune it spot on. also plan what type of power you want and at what rpm you need it... that will determin what size turbo, intercooler piping, manifolds, t.b, and other things u will need...

and 1000cc injectors? ? ?
    Boosted Integra underway!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    94 Accord VTi
    yeah i didn't think it would b quite as hard as the 1st couple of replys but i know it isn't going to be the easiest either.

Thanks TODA AU for all the info. car sounds like a weapon.
    90POV is my hero civic lol. saw it on the honda cruise (in BNE/sunny coast) last year, autosalon n rarely out n about (couple of thursdays ago) n love the car. love seeing that car.

I will be sure to keep everyone informed as the build starts (as soon as i sell my accord n find a civic) so if anyone is after a 94 VTi accord dumped rims stereo etc PM me (in brissy) so i can start this build

Quote Originally Posted by TODA AU View Post
    It's pretty easy to get what you want & with a good LSD & semi's a turbo B16A done right makes for a lethal cuircut weapon.
    If you were in Sydney, I could organise for you to get a ride in one in a CRX.
    It's a track car with 290kw @ wheels (18psi) - still registered.
    Low boost (10psi) 210kw
    This car uses a reliable setup that has been running for approx 6~7years without issue & still going strong.
    NB: This is a car that sees the track regularly.

Set-up is as follows:
    B16A engine + cable box in AUDM CRX (EF8)
    Ported head + cams/Springs/retainers/cam pulleys/timing belt.
    Type R intake manifold & throttle. Baffled sump & breather kit
    Forged pistons & rods, Heavy duty oil pump gear, TODA 4.1kg LW flywheel, RPS Turbo clutch (from USA), Cusco LSD, JDM CRX SiR Box - std ratios,
    OEM Bearings gaskets & seals, HKS cast exhaust manifold, Garrett(HKS) GT3037S 56T core in T28 housings 0.89 A/R turbine housing.
    3" exhaust system incl high flow cat, wastegate is integral & plumbs back into exhaust (no screamer)
    Oil cooler, low temp thermostat, low temp fan switch, larger radiator.
    70mm intercooler piping with custom tube & fin intercooler.
    044 fuel pump (in tank) / Adj fuel reg / 750cc injectors
    Microtech ECU + external coil & CDI
    Willwood 4 pot front brakes, Tein HA sus + Noltech bushes, Dunlop D01J tyres on OEM EK4 rims.

Power band is 3500rpm to 9000rpm (9500rpm rev limit)
    Torque is flat from 4500rpm to 8500rpm (6000N tractive effort 4th gear)

It does have minor issues with traction in 2nd gear until the tyres warm.
    Tuning can be tricky for some... Ignition timing is critical...
    Too little = No power, Too much = broken engine
    Best mixtures on pump fuel: 11.2 @ 18psi
    More power with same engine by simply changing turbocharger & exhaust manifold.
    It has been to the drags once & ran 12.4 @ 128mph (60ft was pretty bad though - 2.4sec)
    PM me if you need more details.
    Cheers

Adrian
    What comp pistons does it run as turbo sounds to big and it sounds like its lagy, i personaly will go with a GT2871R WITH .64 housing.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    94 Accord VTi
    i might b able to get a cheap GT28 (needs a rebuild) off a mate that i find out this week so that should be the turbo i'll be going with if it's all good. somthing that should spool up a bit quicker than the GT30
    i'll b spreading my money over what i have to, to get the job done. and as it will b a daily driven car i will definately need the reliability in it, but i dont n won't b cutting corners.
    Which brings me to who can tune it in queensland? or would i be better off spending money and lookin interstate.
    Last edited by Phat999; 11-02-2008 at 07:34 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6, DC5R
    Check Arizona Forced Induction, Full-Race or the others on Hondamarketplace for turbo kits you want. GT30R would be perfect for that power level.

Build the block with forged pistons, rods, new oil / water pumps etc.

Stock B16A camshafts have run 500whp+ in the US so its up to you if you need to change them. New valves, springs, retainers, turbo p&p, Walbro fuel pump, RC 750cc injectors, FPR etc etc.

Tuning is very very important. Probably the most important.

Its not cheap, and if your going to do it - do it right with the right parts. Do your research first then start buying. But as per the other turbo cars on here, its worth it and a lot of fun. Personal choice it comes down to whether turbo or NA is better.

PM me if you need parts sourced.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    94 Accord VTi
    thanks JDM16.
    still doing research and trying to source a car (if anyone know's someone with a VTiR EK i'd b more than happy talking about it)
    but can't wait to build it shall b a very fun toy

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX SiR turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by spardikis View Post
    and 1000cc injectors? ? ?
    i'd rather my injectors be too big and run @ 50% than too small and run @ 90%

yeh its not to hard to achieve what you want. tho i would rethink the budget again tho, probably double it and you should have some change left over.

im running ~190kws on my daily driven ef8 and thats with a completely standard engine n intake mani; and it runs almost the same as it did N/A. almost about to put it back into the shop again tho to rebuild the engine.

parts wise, cp pistions make very good turbo pistions, edelbrock intake manifold/Throttle bodies quite good and arent too expensive, i went for the full race turbo manifold, but there are plenty of others that are very good that arent as expensive. RC injectors, good quality intercooler, bigger radiator, clutch kit.. the list goes on, just depends on what your willing to spend, as every little thing will help out in some way.

i'd be looking overseas, especially in the US, exchange rates are ~$1AU:$0.90US is pretty damn good. so alota cheaper parts.

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX SiR turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Phat999 View Post
    thanks JDM16.
    still doing research and trying to source a car (if anyone know's someone with a VTiR EK i'd b more than happy talking about it)
    but can't wait to build it shall b a very fun toy
    are you looking for a hatch or coupe?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    94 Accord VTi
    Hatch would b better (as there a bit cheaper) i kno there is 2 coupes forsale in brissy at the moment (on carsales) but looking to spend around 10-13,000 on the car so hatches go for around that figure.

As for turbo kits i saw a decent kit on the Arizona Forced Induction site for about 3,500 US which i thort looked pretty good??
    Here's the link
    http://www.afiturbo.com/catalog/prod...&products_id=9