Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    be careful with US kits as the manifolds tend to have issues are their engines are mounted slightly differently due to the driver being on the opposite side.
    I for one have been caught out before.

Try an AVO kit if your looking at building one or goto a reputable builder to make you one. Tell them your goal and they will be able to show you how to get there. $$$$ is the only issue
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    94 Accord VTi
    yeah sweet as.
    if only $$ wasn't a problem.
    i'll look into the AVO stuff tho. (new hot4's has where to turbo ur car around australia n had a couple of places at the gold coast) and AVO was in there so will check it out for sure.

Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbo View Post
    be careful with US kits as the manifolds tend to have issues are their engines are mounted slightly differently due to the driver being on the opposite side.
    ?? please explain more.. i dont see why it would matter. Engine is still mounted in the same position. Only difference is the brake booster and steering rack which is on the other side.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    i've seen a few different ones where their manifold do no clear i.e hit the gearbox, and some other clearance issues.

At least if you buy it in Aust your gonna be able to take it back

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Theres no difference in that regard. In that regard it really depends on what size turbo you use. If the manifold is for a small turbo and you use a large one, you'll have clearance issues.
    Deano.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    94 Accord VTi
    yeah makes sense.
    I'm not sure on what kit to go with yet.
    But i'll see how we go.

Member Array
    Car:
    60-POV
    If you have the money, full-race. Theres other cheaper companies but very similar like AFI and Peakboost.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    94 Accord VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by SLOWEGG View Post
    If you have the money, full-race. Theres other cheaper companies but very similar like AFI and Peakboost.
    So a kit like this one?
    http://www.full-race.com/catalog/pro...fe49164977ce29

That seems to be around what i'm looking at

Member Array
    Car:
    60-POV
    Only major difference between kits will be the turbo and intercooler size.

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbo View Post
    I for one have been caught out before.
    I think you may be getting confused with a defective manifold. Every single manifold made for a US car will work on an AUS spec car. If u have every seen a fabricator create a manifold, you would understand why (hint: they use a dummy engine on a stand).

Try not to scare people into not using American parts. They are the cheapest and best quality you will get anywhere. Yeh im a little biased, ut i think they have rightly gained recognistion as the best honda tuners in the world. bar none.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    as for manifold/turbo's not fitting sometime the block webbing needs to be grind down.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX

This is what i meant, where some manifold have the turbo bolting will be tilted towards the engine on the left. When you mount a turbo with our RHS drivers, you cannot mount the turbo as the front housing hits the entire engine. Doesn't matter how much webbing you cut your won't be able to fit it.

The only other way is to mount it the way they have and then you will run into other issues like A/C and dump pipe clearnaces.

Like i said be careful.

the US are good at hondas, no doubt, but there are also more con artists in the states.