Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2004 Honda Jazz Vt-i

Jazz idles like it's on steroids!!!

Hi Readers,

I've recently replaced the stock exhaust system with a sports exhaust and since this change the car would idle erratically, around 800-1400 rpms. The mechanic said this was usual and would stop within a week. But if it the issue persisted to disconnect the battery for 10 minutes.

After a week since the exhaust upgrade while driving the car, the car revved to 4500-5000 rpms continuesly, even when the foot was taken off the accelerator. I had to pull over and the pressing/release the accelerator did stop revving around 5000 rpms.

I tried disconnecting the battery, checked the throttle cable (no issues there, didn't seem tight). Had a look at the intake valve while the car was off and it was in a proper position, not stuck or anything.

My initial thoughts are that something during the exhaust exchange may had happened, maybe a damaged cable? My brother spoke before about a kick back cable on the accelerator, would that be damaged?

Any suggestions are welcome. This is a 2004 Honda Jazz Vti.

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    sure the mechanics didnt mess with your o2 sensor?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2004 Honda Jazz Vt-i
    No the jazz doesn't have a o2 sensor in the exhaust. Took the engine cover off today and had a further look. Accelerator doesn't respond when pressed, even the throttle on the engine, doesn't accelerate/decelerate the car. The throttle sensor seemed fine, but when this was disconnected along with what I think might be a heat sensor below the throttle air intake, the rpm dropped to 2000-2500rpms. Perhaps a on board CPU reacting to these being disconnected?

Checked a number of sensors and all seemed fine, the since revs dropped to a drivable number, I drove it to nearest repairer (It's auto), hopefully their diagnostic software will determine the problem.

i think they reset the CVT when they disconnected the battery.

You need to re-learn your CVT

have you done any other modifications to your car? any intake or ecu upgrades or anything?

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000,mdx,integra,nsx,jaz
    might be there is a Leakage on Air intake.. it happen to my car.. long time ago..