Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 CL9 & 03 S2K

Exclamation Flip Key modification.

Has anyone heard much about flip keys for australian accord euros?

There's at least one massive thread on flip keys for Acuras in the states here.

It would be great if we could get something like that done relatively easily and cheap.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    You can DIY. The only problem I forsee is if the transmitter for the remote is of a different frequency to our local model.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Yeah,would be nice but ^^^^as above.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury Manual
    yes a friend brought one back for me, and i have had it programmed and cut, and yes the keyless entry bit does not work the US Acura tsx runs on a different frequency to our euros.

you can start the car and unlock the door manually, just can unlock in remotely.

Member Array
    Car:
    2003 Euro Lux
    I found this flip key shell for the euro on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HONDA-3-BUTTO...QQcmdZViewItem

It arrived on thursday, the plastic feels a bit thin and it doesn't feel as solid as the standard euro keys. But its the easiest flip key mod for the euro.

Just take the immobiliser out of the standard shell and place it in this one.

A warning though, take care when you open it and make sure you spin the spring the right way when you open it to swap the immobiliser piece over.

I spun it the wrong way and almost busted the spring.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by D R U View Post
    I found this flip key shell for the euro on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HONDA-3-BUTTO...QQcmdZViewItem

It arrived on thursday, the plastic feels a bit thin and it doesn't feel as solid as the standard euro keys. But its the easiest flip key mod for the euro.

Just take the immobiliser out of the standard shell and place it in this one.

A warning though, take care when you open it and make sure you spin the spring the right way when you open it to swap the immobiliser piece over.

I spun it the wrong way and almost busted the spring.
    Interesting, does it work well? how much did it cost for you to get the key cut at the lock smith? it looks big is it big in real life?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 CL9 & 03 S2K
    Quote Originally Posted by D R U View Post
    Ahh, cheers mate! That looks perfect - exactly what i was thinking of. As above, how much did it cost you to get it cut?

Also, is it an official Honda shell, or 3rd party? Is it as rugged as the standard key despite feeling a bit thin?

Cheers mate

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by kimnkk View Post
    Ahh, cheers mate! That looks perfect - exactly what i was thinking of. As above, how much did it cost you to get it cut?

Also, is it an official Honda shell, or 3rd party? Is it as rugged as the standard key despite feeling a bit thin?

Cheers mate
    from the listing on the ebay item it states that it is aftermarket..

Member Array
    Car:
    2003 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by kimnkk View Post

Cheers mate
    It cost me $ 40 dollars to get it cut at a locksmith.

Its easier to get it cut when the blade (blank) is removed from the shell. The locksmith had to hand file some of mine, because the spring pushes the blade forward when its open making it harder to cut.

You have to remove it anyway to put the immobiliser in, but like i said before, be careful piecing back together.

It feels a lot better with the immobiliser in, not as flimsy, because there's more weight to it now.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    so $120 for this mod? hmm looks like someone else bought another one as there is only 2 left now.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY07 Accord CM5
    that would be me
    hahahaha