Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    get:

a 2 chan for fronts OR a 4chan for all 4 speakers.

AND

get a monoboc for your sub duties, not two 2/4chans for each sub.

now that you want 2 subs i dunno what voice coil subs to suggest for you cus i dunno what amp you're actually gonna use and what its stable down to...

wouldnt you rather 1 better & higher quality sub than 2 cheaper, lower spec subs??
    /////ALPINE - )))morel - dYnaudio - \\Image Dynamics// - audison - optima - co|\|ection audison - stinger - Dynamat

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 -> DC2R
    nah I dont mean a 2/4 chan for each sub.. but get a 2 chan and put a channel for each sub.. but hmm a monobloc... I just need one right?

But you understad what mean right.. how i bridge 2 speakers per channel.. and the remaining two can go into each sub..

But ok so basically a monblock is for subs..

Im being given these subs from a family member of 2x pioneer subs.. so guess its pretty decent

And whats voice voil?

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    Quote Originally Posted by RtN View Post
    but hmm a monobloc... I just need one right?
    yes.

But you understad what mean right.. how i bridge 2 speakers per channel.. and the remaining two can go into each sub..
    i wouldnt bridge speakers, you'd change their thermal characteristics.

i wouldnt use a single channel from a multi-chan amp to power subs. you're probably gonna be pushing it into "clipping"

But ok so basically a monblock is for subs..
    if it had suitable HPF xo's u could use it for speakers too, but i think i might confuse u more... so lets just say yes its only for subs.

Im being given these subs from a family member of 2x pioneer subs.. so guess its pretty decent

And whats voice voil?
    dont worry bout what it is. just give us details on the 2 pioneer subs.
    /////ALPINE - )))morel - dYnaudio - \\Image Dynamics// - audison - optima - co|\|ection audison - stinger - Dynamat

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 -> DC2R
    Oh ok.. its the car is not here with me atm so I cant check.. but what the problem that arised was that the MP3 only has 1 pair of RCA Outputs however the AMP has holes for 2 pairs.. so the amp only puts out 2 channels atm.. not four! Is this supposed to happen or is there a way to make 4 channels work with only 1 RCA Pair?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord 1998 V6-L
    RCA Splitters should do the job from jaycar/ dicksmith, or your local car audio place should have them..
    See my Car here
    Honda Accord 1998 V6-L VTEC.
    Carputer
    MySpace come say hi

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type S 05
    watch out when using rca splitters,they can induce some crazy alternator whine into the system if the splitter is close to your amps power cable or any other power wires.i used one ones and everytime i hit the brake the sub would pop loudly.rca cables are shielded to prevent this,the splitter isnt properly shielded
    CHEAPEST PRO DIY

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 -> DC2R
    Oh okay thanks will try this! Ahaha why didn't i think of this =]!! You guys need those Positive points! So theres no way we can shield these RCA splitters? Or can i just wrap the wires in aluminium? Ahaha just a thought!
    Last edited by RtN; 27-02-2008 at 01:45 AM.