Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by dsp26 View Post
    ^^^lol, love the input, but want a definite answer before i ruin $60 of camera and half a day of pulling my interior plastics and re-wiring a new camera...
    $60 is that all? bet you its a CMOS which flares with light changes...

spend a little more for a CCD ( like around $250 ) and get a better product, ive fitted 100's of camera and i have never had one come back from it failing due to engine starting and supplying the camera with 14.4 volts...
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    Quote Originally Posted by ICACHA View Post

spend a little more for a CCD ( like around $250 ) and get a better product, ive fitted 100's of camera and i have never had one come back from it failing due to engine starting and supplying the camera with 14.4 volts...
    what is the difference CMOS VS CCD..

Im a noob man.. dont mind spending up to 300..

any brands.. all the ebay ones seem crappy china
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by ICACHA View Post

yep thats a good point it is CMOS

i bought it cheap coz i was going to use the structure to install a ccd later as i couldn't find any other camera system that had a similar convenient design for installation.... however due to it's placement on the del sol, it very rarely got direct sunlight unless it was setting behind me, otherwise it's generally great..

but thanks for the tip with the 14.4v.. if it dies it dies...
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    camera review from ebay

"Electric Voltage Rating - Most vehicle rear view backup cameras work with standard vehicle 12V power, some cameras (or monitor) work with 24V power as well. A real vehicle rear view backup camera would be designed to operate with constantly changing voltage levels (within normal range) produced by vehicle's battery and alternator. So you need to watch out for those security cameras that are marketed as vehicle rear view backup camera, those cameras won't work on your vehicle. However, be caution, some vehicles have a very high momentary voltage at the vehicle starting time and the overload might cause damage to the camera. If that is the case for your vehicle, you will need to install an extra fuse, voltage regulator, etc. to protect your camera. Please consult professional vehicle audio/video equipment installers if needed."
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01