Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira

Revese sensor or camera

Any one which one is easier for parking? any brands that are good?

its for a crv
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    imo the beeping ones are sufficient since you can concentrate on reversing rather than looking at a small screen.

I can't imagine how you can determine the depth of the image on a small 2D screen. But since its for a high car, it may help to see large objects that you would otherwise see fine in a sedan.

You can get the beeping ones on ebay for like $60. I bought one of the cheaper ones, and have had no problems with it at all.
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    the issue is with integration into the bumpers.. i dont mind the OEM integration.. but the non oem stuff sometimes look like a sore thumb.

With cameras, im scared i wont be able to see the complete angle... ie. missing the sides...
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    I got one for our 04 CRV and my Del sol that mounts onto the license plates... has infrared sensors and proper night vision + wide-angle 160° view...

will post pics and edit this post.. hang on...

***EDIT***
    This one is on the CRV, sits pretty well and is wide view and pretty much on the bumper so no fear of reversing onto something...

This one is on my Del Sol with the accessory on, as you can see in the pic the Infra-Reds are on...
    Last edited by dsp26; 11-02-2008 at 06:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    If your interested let me know and i'll point you to where i got em from...

however IF you do goto some other shops, ask and MAKE SURE about the require input voltage... on every camera i've seen, they clearly state 12v and these supposed electrical gurus tell me its fine to run ANYWHERE in the car....

Now take the case of the 2004 CRV for example, I checked a few spots to tap for power and even the ciggy lighter plug at the rear left in the boot... 14.4v when the engine is on....

So as to not destroy my days work of properly wiring things hidden and not replace the camera later from voltage spike, i created this regulator (someone else provided me the circuit) and it works a treat, components cost no more than $4ea complete regulator from jaycar:

***EDIT***
    the zener diode at the bottom is optional... if you don't implement it, the final voltage will be 9v.

My dad has since replace one of the capacitors on either end for the CRV (can't remember which) to create a final output of 12.2v with the engine on/off... it cleared the visual signal up heaps.. i think mine running on 10v is underpowered when night vision is on...
    Last edited by dsp26; 11-02-2008 at 07:09 PM.
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    I'm sure they designed the camera to run on 14v, and tested them before hand. All other car products say 12v, except for technical things like car amplifiers etc..

They say 12v because everyone knows a car battery is generally a 12v battery. Most consumers dont know it bumps up to 14v when the engine is on, so they just state 12v to avoid confusion.
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    are you 100% sure? i'd love to improve the signal and give it the 14.4v if it can take it.... and remove the regulator as the mini circuit board is just wrapped in electrical tape and my boot leaks water...

what would happen to the camera IF it was supposed to run on 12v and i gave it 14v? i don't imagine it to be like a light bulb where it'll just pop....

Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude View Post
    I'm sure they designed the camera to run on 14v, and tested them before hand. All other car products say 12v, except for technical things like car amplifiers etc..

They say 12v because everyone knows a car battery is generally a 12v battery. Most consumers dont know it bumps up to 14v when the engine is on, so they just state 12v to avoid confusion.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK
    Quote Originally Posted by dsp26 View Post
    what would happen to the camera IF it was supposed to run on 12v and i gave it 14v? i don't imagine it to be like a light bulb where it'll just pop....
    i doubt it would make a significant difference if it spikes to 14.4v
    voltage isnt really an issue with destroying components.. its usually current spikes thall blow ur car up.. and thats more than unlikely (unless lighting strikes ur car...)
    voltage usually fluctuates anyways anywhere between 10 & 14 i think.. depending on how drained ur battery is... im learning some electronics at uni but itd be good if u asked an electrician or something just to make sure.. but thats what i learnt...? hahahaha if im wrong.. thats 3 years down the drain.. hahaha
    ||bye bye civic || hello awd turbo ||

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    ^^^lol, love the input, but want a definite answer before i ruin $60 of camera and half a day of pulling my interior plastics and re-wiring a new camera...

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK
    hahaha yeah trudat..
    go talk to an electrician friend..? or someone that does electronics.. im sure theyll know... well hopefully theyll know? lolz

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by dahon View Post
    hahaha yeah trudat..
    go talk to an electrician friend..? or someone that does electronics.. im sure theyll know... well hopefully theyll know? lolz
    don't think an electrician would know as it was a professional electrical engineer who provided me the regulator circuit and advised using it...

However, who I do want to know from is an Automotive Audio installer who actually installs cameras...

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK
    tru... hrmm if i can be bothered ill see if i can ask someone at uni... cos i do some electronics classes... hopefully theyll know.. hahaha