Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    1 cigi time :P

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000, RIP Prelude Vtir
    The best way to warm the car up is to start and drive it gently until the needle hits normal operating temperature.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1,4,9
    i leave it sitting untill the idle drops then baby it around till oil hits operating temperature.. after that vtec will love you
    HORSEPOWER is how hard you hit the wall.
    TORQUE is how far you go through it!

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    ^^ and your car will love U too if U do that.I drive it strait away (unless I'm waiting for my girl to get ready...) cause I can't be patient waiting.Nothing is wrong with that though.

Member Array
    Car:
    4 banger
    yep i agree with most people. being turbod i always warm the car up anyways. 5min warm up and then jus drive it normally. after that i can play with vtec wen shes up and awake.
    ohh herrow im jdm

Member Array
    Car:
    Type R replica
    is it a bad thing to start it in the mornings only to use it for about 5mins?

Quote Originally Posted by dns View Post
    is it a bad thing to start it in the mornings only to use it for about 5mins?
    kill you fuel economy - but essentially not a bad thing. just start it , let it idle for 30 seconds or so then drive off. Dont load the engine until warm. Easy.

Member Array
    Car:
    Type R replica
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    kill you fuel economy - but essentially not a bad thing. just start it , let it idle for 30 seconds or so then drive off. Dont load the engine until warm. Easy.
    thanks! i need a beater for to and from the station lol

I do it for 2-3 mins....

btw just for the sake of discussion..
    do the car manuals say that to warm up the car before driving..i don't think so ..even then we do warm it up a lil but...it's just on our heads..isn't
    but I've read it some where that it's actually better to start driving it slowly when it's cold coz the oil additive do the coating/filming thing inside the engine at best when cold..

is it true??

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    I normally wait 1 minute, then baby it till temp rises.

But in winter the temp sometimes dsn't even come up, say i drive 30km to work, if i baby it the whole trip temp just rose to the 1st bar, not a 1/4 way where it normally sits, kinda scared to VTEC while that temp reading is staying below the 1/4 mark.

Is this normal? I also use thinner oil during winter to help her heat up faster.