Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    hondas suck <3
    yeah i got a sealed sub now...i reckon it sounds better i mean...how loud do u want ur bass to be!?

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 Civic
    Working with the option audio subs we found ported are best.. also.. the little prefab sub and ported box.. works REALLY well.. u can buy the box seperatly.. we through all differant types of subs in there.. it sounded awsome with wat ever we put in there.. its tuned for 35 hz i belive
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ51LK
    when bruce banner gets angry and loses it, he turns into the incedible hulk...

...when the incredible hulk gets f*ckin pissed off and loses it, he turns into amurray
    http://images.cainer.net//uploads/peterbrock.jpg
    http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/586...nsigsh7ye2.jpg

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude
    From what ive heard it also has a lot to do with your taste in music?

ie: if you get a good ported box, it works well with slow loud base hip-hop and r&b tracks, however not so great with fast techno, trance, house etc... which is where sealed really excels...

Is there much truth in this statement?

Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    lol at off the shelves box....

Not to pour cold water on you, but how much listening experience does your pals have?? Do you know what is cone break up, lead slap, etc is and how they sound??

On the plus side, its not that easy to damage a sub, unless you blast it excessively.....
    lol do they have to have alot of experience to know what sounds good and what doesn't? you dont have to know that much to know hear/feel the differences

with the music i listen to, i think that its pretty good.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    i always had sealed thai

sounds good to me
    "since we're both asian.. I'll look after you and chuck in King Springs with the wheels and tyres for $1050"

Quote Originally Posted by xtc.thai View Post
    lol do they have to have alot of experience to know what sounds good and what doesn't? you dont have to know that much to know hear/feel the differences

with the music i listen to, i think that its pretty good.
    If you say so, and you are happy with it

Cause at the end of the day, its your money and you are going to listen to it.

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    sealed for me. making a sealed box is easier when you want to fibreglass your sub on a angle inside the rear quarter panels

if i was willing to lose most of my whole boot, entering spl comps or was very low on amp power to feed my sub/s THEN id go ported.
    /////ALPINE - )))morel - dYnaudio - \\Image Dynamics// - audison - optima - co|\|ection audison - stinger - Dynamat

Member Array
    Car:
    accord euro
    ported is great for sq... it gives yiou more control over the characteristics of the bass being produced... 35hz is way to high to be tuning a sub box for daily listening, it greatly reduces the bandwidth at which the sub can operate optimally at as a usual high pass for a sub is 80hz, its only playing a 45hz range haha... its well worth investing in a custom built and designed ported box... prefab, ported and sealed boxes are absolutely rubbish, best thing to use them for is firewood, and then they'd probably still fail miserably

firewood.... FTW!

put in a red sony sub, and you can use it as a hazzard sign/marker too

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZaZaL89 View Post
    From what ive heard it also has a lot to do with your taste in music?
    dont you mean, how much panadol you can take
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Ported.Also fill or even better line the inside if the sub with foam by glue.This will take away the fluffy airy sound and make it more solid sounding.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    kidding aren't you? can you scientifically prove that theory?
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!