Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Quote Originally Posted by ICACHA View Post
    kidding aren't you? can you scientifically prove that theory?
    No I'm not kidding.
    As for 'Scientifically proving my theory',What do U want...a printout of a speedsheet with lots of numbers and equations all over it?

In a drumkit the drummer likes to fill the bass drum up with pillows/towels/foam to get a solider sound.Same thing.

I hope that's enough.We could get into that whole physics of it all if you like

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    it depends on the SUb itself
    Some subs are designed to work with a ported box whilst others work better with a sealed box. Check the manufacturer's recommendation and it will tell you the optimal size and type of box you need
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord 1998 V6-L
    Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    No I'm not kidding.
    As for 'Scientifically proving my theory',What do U want...a printout of a speedsheet with lots of numbers and equations all over it?

In a drumkit the drummer likes to fill the bass drum up with pillows/towels/foam to get a solider sound.Same thing.

Agreed well known fact.

The kit bass drum may be more heavily muffled than the classical bass drum, sometimes through the use of a pillow or a blanket against the batter head to produce a shorter "thud."

Drummers also place foam, pillows, or blankets inside the bass drum to reduce overtones.[3]
    Last edited by Dray_Templar; 02-03-2008 at 08:55 AM.
    See my Car here
    Honda Accord 1998 V6-L VTEC.
    Carputer
    MySpace come say hi

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Yeah! A very common ghetto way to 'tune' ya bass

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord 1998 V6-L
    Yeah! A very common ghetto way to 'tune' ya bass
    it's as ghetto as using Dynamatt (tune your whole car) to make a car sound system sound better lol
    See my Car here
    Honda Accord 1998 V6-L VTEC.
    Carputer
    MySpace come say hi

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    That stuff would be sosick!

No I'm not kidding.

You can use polyfill to fill out the sub box... not glue or foam stuffs... but then you can also make the sub bigger, so you dont need to put polyfill fill it.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Oh sweet.So that would be better than foam,U think?

Member Array
    Car:
    accord euro
    Just so you know, i work at one of perths leading car audio stores, and putting polyfill, or dacron in the box is one of the biggest no no's ever for a plethora of reasons... its just a band aid for not building the box right

Oh sweet.So that would be better than foam,U think?

you can also use deflex pads with polyfills.

Quote Originally Posted by euro_tr4sh View Post
    Just so you know, i work at one of perths leading car audio stores, and putting polyfill, or dacron in the box is one of the biggest no no's ever for a plethora of reasons... its just a band aid for not building the box right
    So you mean those high end home speakers bookshelf or floorstanders boxes that have polyfill inside are daft??

Member Array
    Car:
    accord euro
    i think you'll find that proper high end home gear (kef, B&O, genesis etc..) do not have poly fill in them, plus a sub and a floor standing mid woofer for home audio are very different drivers... a car woofer moves alot more air, and in the case of one with a vented pole you run a high risk of some fibres getting pulled in and melting on the hot voice coil.... in lamens terms, you'll f**k your woofer