Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO '07 LE

Angry Here We Ago Again

My car is great but if id known the Honda dealership i bought my car off would try and screw me over and over again i would have thought twice about purchasing it.

1. Part of dash has faded so i took it in for them to have a look at. They ordered the part and said it will be here soon. Now that the parts arrived i have booked it in for next week but when i try and confirm its a warranty job they sneakily cant give me a straight answer. Like "well have to see when you bring it in" Hello?! already brought the car in and showed them! Sounds like they want to do the job and argue payment later.

2. When i purchased the car in May 2007 it came with 12months comprehensive insurance as part of the sale. I called up my insurance company a couple of days ago for a quote for next years insurance and they told me i wasnt insured!!!
    Ive been driving around the last 8months thinking i was protected when i had sh8t. Yes i felt stupid for not checking in the beginning but i was so excited about my new car i presumed Honda knew what they were doing. Now there fixing it up for me but only want to give me the remaining 3months of insurance.......that cant be fair can it? my offer included 12months and i should be entitled to 12months at the very least. What would have happened if id been involved in an accident in the last 8 months???

What do you think? warranty doesnt mention interior dash but if its faulty surely they have to replace it? and do you think i should be entitled to my full 12months insurance?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO '07 LE
    i thought id just add in does anyone know where i can find instruction to remove dash? cant find anywhere. The part i am trying to remove is on passengers righthand side between the glovebox and the edge of the middle console.

Member Array
    Car:
    Rachel & Renee
    yes and yes honda dealers are very dodgy.. unfortunately. but thats how the cookie crumbles..
    Coup De Grace / Rachel

Built by Backyard Performance
    JDMyard / Autobarn Bankstown / Accurate Brake and Clutch Lidcombe / Performance Exhaust Northmead

strongly suggest you get some legal advice BEFORE speaking to this honda dealer in question. That way , you can know your rights before getting too upset !

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO '07 LE
    Im in the process of getting legal advice at the moment but as far as i know under the Property And Motor Dealers act, they have a duty of care to make sure they file my insurance paperwork and give me what i am entitled to. As a real estate agent under the same act, if i was to forget to do the same for a property i would be screwed royally.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2007 Accord Euro Luxury
    you sound like you got a bum steer, my honda dealer was unreal and really upfront with every question i asked, every time i go in there they go out of their way to help me... spose it depends on each dealership... sorry to hear about your bad times but yeah get your advice and deal with it all one step at a time with a level head.

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Honda Accord Euro
    i know you pain i went there regarding the Bearing squeal in the clutch

and they carried on trying to blame that it aint warranty.. and i got every single dealership and mechanic saying thats grade a bullSh!t

as for legal advise... Department of fair trading are useless... they never return calls and just tell you to go and get it done ......

its just how they work.. just do the 'ill get dept of fair trading' scare and see if they buckle... it always works with dodgy wankers
    BraXtas Ride

List of parts added
    - Exhaust system - Custom CAI setup - K&N Air Filter - Rockford Fosgate Speaker setup with punch 2 Subs - J's Racing Front Strut bar

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    why not try different dealers? :/

even if the next dealer is 2 hours away .. i mean wouldnt you rather go 2 hours driving .. than put up with 2 hours worth of bullplop?

unless youre on a mission to get the dealer done for. then goodluck! =]
    keep us updated.

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro 6MT
    Im in the process of getting legal advice at the moment but as far as i know under the Property And Motor Dealers act, they have a duty of care to make sure they file my insurance paperwork and give me what i am entitled to. As a real estate agent under the same act, if i was to forget to do the same for a property i would be screwed royally.
    You would think so...

I would be pushing for another 12 months insurance. Even if your not entitled to it it would be the right thing for them to do considering the mistake the dealer has (presumably) made.

1. Part of dash has faded so i took it in for them to have a look at. They ordered the part and said it will be here soon. Now that the parts arrived i have booked it in for next week but when i try and confirm its a warranty job they sneakily cant give me a straight answer. Like "well have to see when you bring it in" Hello?! already brought the car in and showed them! Sounds like they want to do the job and argue payment later.
    Try speaking to the dealer principle or the head of the department??? Just explain you want a strait answer before committing...
    2004 Accord Euro 6MT
    ------------------------------
    mods
    ------------------------------

Mugen catback exhaust l Philips BlueVision 4000k headlights

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Accord Euro Luxury
    ACCC is definetly your friend.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO '07 LE
    I would use a different dealer but my dealer is an hour away as is. im not traveling a further 3+hrs to get what im entitled to.

Went to Honda on Sat. I had to fill out all my insurance paperwork and noticed paperwork on the actual fine print of the 12 months free comprehensive....original deal is not at the expense of the dealership but should they forget to apply my insurance than the dealership is to pay costs...so of course they wanna only give me the remainder. Discussed it with them for a while and took the remainder of 12months instead of full amount as they explained the situation and i felt cheap by arguing it further.

no biggy....as long as they dont try to screw me on thursday for the warranty..they weasel out of that and its game over.

Member Array
    Car:
    04 civic gli
    yo man,i have worked for dealerships,had friends that worked for dealerships and can tell u some horror stories.i left because they tried to get me to do something dodgy(12 years ago)most of them will try to feed you crap and it is worce if you are young.keep persisting and fight it all the way.maybe try to contact honda australa direct.cheers.