Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD 07, CR-V 04, civic sir

Question Aftermarket foglamps civic fd 06-07 (help)

hey guys has anyone install an civic fd aftermarket fog lights?because i bought an aftermarket fogs on ebay without an install giude then i went to honda to see if they could install it for me they said yeh nut it could take 2 to 4hrs because the genuine fogs are different from the aftermarket on so they'll have to figure out where to place the wirings the shocking part is the labour its 100 an hour if it takes 3hrs so its 300, the reason why i bought this aftermarket one is because it is really cheap $100 + shipping 25bucks how cheap is that eh!? so if i go to honda it'll be like 400. i have 3 questions:

1. should i just buy the genuine one including fitting 600+?
    2.or should i stick with the aftermarket and just find an electrician?
    3.where do i find the install giude for fog lights FD1?

thanks..

My mechanic fitted my Ebay foglights on my FD, was a pain in the ass... did it for $150, I doubt he'll want to do it again for $150. But if you're really interested, give me a PM and I'll see what he says.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 civic sport
    you can download an instruction from collegehill

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/hon...lectronics.htm

Member Array
    Car:
    Cheapest Civic 06, E90
    Quote Originally Posted by gerard View Post
    you can download an instruction from collegehill

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/hon...lectronics.htm
    it's different.. still I find this article helpfull

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD 07, CR-V 04, civic sir
    thanks guys for your help i just read all of your replies just now lol i got it fitted at honda westside freakin expensive man fark lol cost me 350 but its a proper job though but the thing is they did not connect the wires on the switch for headlights so even if i turn off the main headlights the foglights are still on but its ok coz it looks good hehe.

So is it possible to install ebay fogs at home (using the collegehill manual)? Cause I am thinking of getting a pair...
    FD1@Cammeray

Member Array
    Car:
    Cheapest Civic 06, E90
    Quote Originally Posted by ktvin09 View Post
    So is it possible to install ebay fogs at home (using the collegehill manual)? Cause I am thinking of getting a pair...
    yup... will help you to point the clips..

but as for wiring.. you just have to sort them out by yourself.. not too hard tho.. oh yea.. place a fuse along your (+) cable..

PS: wire the cable into the cabin through a hole near the foot rest.