Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude

After some amp advice

Hey, i got my hands on a nice 750wrms dual coil pioneer sub and 800wrms jaycar monoblock amp... and im trying to think in my head how it will all come together, im saving for a nice pair of splits for the front and coaxials for the rear, and not too sure of what amp i should look into to power them... would a 4channel do the job?

Do you guys think i should also invest in a capacitor? if i should i was looking at this one

But i think id rather put the money toward a nice alarm system xD

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type S 05
    if you want a nice system,dont worry about amplifying the rear speakers,spend your money on buying a decent focal,jl,soundstream etc. 2 channel amp to power the splits and just run rears of your head deck speaker outputs (if you really want rears that is,its better to spend the extra money on better front splits, front splits drown out rear speakers so you can hardly hear them so they arnt really worth it).
    if you always have people in the back and you care enough to give them speakers then running of the head deck will be enough,but if you really care about the back seat passengers then yes you will need a 4 channel amp to power front splits and two rear speakers.
    if you go 4 channel it becomes more expensive,so where you could of got a focal type quality brand 2 channel for the same money in 4 channel you will have to drop a quality bracket down to the likes of pioneer,clarion,jbl etc....so if you go just a 2 channel you will have 2 brilliant sounding speakers,but with 4 channel you will have 4 ok sounding speakers.i prefer the 2
    CHEAPEST PRO DIY

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord 1998 V6-L
    I recommend the Response 4x50 or 4x100, as a reasonable amp for price, meez biased i just got the 4x100 hehe and love it, mate has one 2 and hasn't had any problems with it..

hows the mono block? what did you roughly pay for it? I got a 12" earthqauke tremor coming and no amp for it yet
    See my Car here
    Honda Accord 1998 V6-L VTEC.
    Carputer
    MySpace come say hi

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude
    AHhh!! Thats a good idea, ill probs save the money on a better pair of splits as you suggested... Would you suggest getting a capacitor?

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude
    yeah its the response amp, i got it before the new models came out, and got it from a shop that was closing down so they gave it to me for 270 brand new a few months ago, like the day before my old teggy got hit.. And the sub plus an awesomly ported box for 320

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type S 05
    no,capacitors are more for bling factor these days.
    you should be fine if you upgrade your earth cable from your battery to atleast the same guage as the power wire you run to your amps,and use that guage for the earth for your amps too.
    if you have problems because you are drawing to much current before your cars system can recharge back to the voltage it needs,i recommend you upgrade your battery to an odyssey deep cycle or something like that...these have a faster rate of discharge and recharge
    CHEAPEST PRO DIY

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude
    Gotya, does the brand label on wiring, have much of an impact on the overall performance of your sound, like should i invest in some stinger wiring or just buy the wiring off ebay?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Si Hatchie
    its not so much the brand but the thick ness of the insulation around the copper wire. cheaper power cable has more insulation less copper. copper costs more money and cheap brand save money that way. i would stick to 4ga brand or semi good brand stuff if you were running more than 1 amp otherwise cheap kits from ebay will do fine. as for speaker wire the same applies. for rca cables just make sure they are twisted pair shielded oxygen free cable. which is pretty stock these days.

capacitors as teh mechanic said are a waste of time. put that money into something else.
    Is this the end of my car modding days? Buying a house says so...